Well hello, old friend!

Options
Well, I'm back. I started my fitness journey back in February and did really well until about the end of June. I had lost 4 inches, a few pounds, and was feeling good about myself. Until I got burnt out. When I look back on why I stopped logging my food, why I stopped coming to MFP and why I stopped... caring... I realize that I was going about it wrong. I jumped into elliptical training and Jillian Michaels and other various circuit training type work outs. And I didn't like it. I dreaded those workouts. I kept it up for those few months, but I really didn't LIKE it. So I stopped.

... And I gained back those few pounds, plus MORE. Not sure how that happened, and it sucks. So, I'm back, and I have a new plan. I've started again with my elliptical training, because I like that okay and I bought the darn thing, so I may as well use it. And I've decided to try some light weight lifting (to start) and yoga. I did yoga during my pregnancies and loved the way it made me feel. Just this last week or so of "being back" and doing yoga every day, I already feel a lot better about myself.

Here's to hoping I'm on the right track and that I've reconstructed a more attainable fitness plan for myself! :)

Replies

• bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    80% of success is just showing up. --Woody Allen

Welcome back!!
  • Smpo1979
    Smpo1979 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

I think I'm on 'get up' # 10 or 11, but I'm here.

Welcome back!
  • jillywilliams2014
    Options
    welcome back.. find the workouts you like and alternate them so you don't get "burned out". i had to change it up. just keep logging everything you eat and you will see progress. good luck and don't give up!
  • mombie2six
    mombie2six Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I'm really excited to be back and I can't wait to start seeing progress again! I NEED THIS! :D