Today's NSVs

Options
Had 2 NSVs today that I wanted to share all day.

1. I've taken up swimming as a sport this year , but had the hardest time breathing to my right during freestyle. I can breath to the left no problem, but when I breath to the right I look like a floundering idiot (at least I'm sure I do) and suck water bad (which I've found doesn't work well for breathing). Well today a swam 50 yards straight only breathing on my right. So that rocked! Small sure but a victory for me. (Still was an ugly stroke, but we'll fix that later).

2. After the swim I showered and walked out of the locker showers with the towel wrapped around my waist. Usually I quickly get to my locker and dress for fear of the towel falling due to lack of fabric (I'm no prude, but nobody wants to see that). Well I got to the locker started talking to my buddy and 15 minutes later I realized the towel was still secured around me with no adjustment or anything. 40 lbs down seems to have provided me with a bit more fabric. :)

Anyway really good day!

Replies

• fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Congratulations!
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Those are great NSV's!!! I'm seeing my towels fit around me more easily, too. Feels good, doesn't it?!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Both of your NSV's are wonderful! Congrats to you on both!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!

I swim laps 3 to 4 days a week. The one thing I wanted to accomplish was the proper freestyle breathing too.

My problem was that when I breathe to the right I get water in my ear canal and it bugged me! Even with a cap that I readjust constantly to cover the ear. Anyway, I finally just put in one earplug and it was the secret to my success.
    Proper breathing technique really makes the swimming so much better too. It took me three days of practicing and now it's become habit.

Way to go!
  • djbrink21
    djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Those are great NSV's!!! I'm seeing my towels fit around me more easily, too. Feels good, doesn't it?!

Absolutely! It's the best NSV I've had yet; and to think I almost didn't even notice it!
  • djbrink21
    djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!

I swim laps 3 to 4 days a week. The one thing I wanted to accomplish was the proper freestyle breathing too.

My problem was that when I breathe to the right I get water in my ear canal and it bugged me! Even with a cap that I readjust constantly to cover the ear. Anyway, I finally just put in one earplug and it was the secret to my success.
    Proper breathing technique really makes the swimming so much better too. It took me three days of practicing and now it's become habit.

Way to go!

That's my goal for the winter too. Hoping to do some open water tri's next year and I've been told that I've gotta be able to breath on both sides first. So here's hoping I can get it down as fast as you did.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!