150 lbs want to be 130 lbs

It seems so hard to get the motivation to do this, I keep losing sight of my goal and eating the wrong foods. I am 150 lbs 5'5" and want to be 130 lbs. I think I need a little motivation to do this. Is anyone else in the same boat? What excercises do you do to lose weight?

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    It seems so hard to get the motivation to do this, I keep losing sight of my goal and eating the wrong foods. I am 150 lbs 5'5" and want to be 130 lbs. I think I need a little motivation to do this. Is anyone else in the same boat? What excercises do you do to lose weight?

do all of them.

and eat well.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    I eat whatever I want within my calorie goal, while still being mindful of my macro/micro goals.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • I'm 160 lbs. looking to get down to 130. 5' 5" also. Feel free to add me if you'd like. All my weight is in my belly. I try not to keep tempting snacks within easy reach, and I use Jessica Smith's YouTube indoor walking videos as my daily exercise. I also recently bought a Fitbit Zip (the $49.99 one that doesn't follow your sleep patterns, but I think it's more accurate than the Fitbit band that goes around your wrist).
  • You will want to do a combination of both aerobic and weight/resistance training. The cardio will help burn fat but weight training will help you keep and gain muscle mass which will in turn keep your metabolism fired up. Remember that muscle burns more calories then fat and also takes up less space then fat.

I use to be over 200 and have learned that it's the combination of both exercises that is great for losing weight. In the past I always thought cardio was the way to go but having that healthy balance is great for overall weight loss and health. :) There are plenty of exercises on my health/fitness board on pinterest if you want to take a look. My username is aarmour2713. If you need any other help feel free to message me!
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    I truly think it has to come from within, no one can motivate you enough to keep you going if you are not ready. Try to make this a priority, like you have to go to work to pay the bills, it’s all a mindset.

Good luck.