Holiday Blues

sillygoose1977
sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
I just edited this to delete my giant crappy rant. I have the blues. End of story. I know I'm not the only one but, I realize it doesn't make it any better to subject everyone else to it. Slapping a breat big fake smile on my face! :happy:

On the upside: I got a great bonus at work that I wasn't expecting, and some super-nice man at Starbucks this morning heard I was having a rotten morning and bought my coffee for me. I love that there are thoughtful, kind people still left in this world. I will absolutely be paying it forward. Trying to pick my chin up as we speak.

Happy Winter Solstice!

Replies

• Unfortunately, I can relate. My Grandpa passed away on Christmas morning last year, it was my daughter's first Christmas morning ever and I will never get that back. It is so hard and it is a rotton time of year to associate with a massive loss like this. However, I can tell you with all the confidence in me that next year will be better. Although it is tough coming up on the one year anniversary of losing my Grandpa, I am very much so looking forward to my first Christmas morning with my daughter. You will find things to look forward to next year.
    My advice to you, write this Christmas off. You may end up pleasantly suprised or you may just have already braced yourself for it and it wont be as bad. Just keep thinking, this is one Christmas out of the rest of my life. I can do this.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss this holiday season, I will be thinking of you.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    I think most people can relate to you, some more than others. My grandma was the best! I could not be home for X-mas in 1995, but word around the family is that my Grandma had the best time, laughing and happy. She died just a week later on New Year's Day 1996. We werethisclose & even shared a birthday together. I regret not coming home that year. :cry: I love Christmas, but I miss my loved ones who have passed or are far away. Hugs to you :flowerforyou:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Thank you and I hope you have a much better Christmas this year.
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    My heart just totally broke into a million different pieces reading this!!!!! :brokenheart: No WONDER you have the holiday blues, and you have every right to feel that way. :frown: :frown: :frown:

Keep your chin up, Charlie Brown! Be thankful that there are people like the guy in Starbucks who genuinely care for people. Be thankful for that great bonus you got, and buy yourself something awesome! And, in the words of Dory from Finding Nemo..."Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!" :heart: :heart:
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    It is more than okay to have the blues - it is a very normal feeling. I was very close to my grandmother, who I lost 7 years ago, and the first Christmas without her was tough. I lost my mom this year and every Christmas carol I hear reminds me of something about her at Christmas so it is tough. What keeps me going is everyone else who I do have and the fact that both my mother and grandmother loved Christmas and worked very hard to make it a special time of year for everyone, so I am trying to honor both of them by keeping that spirit going.
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    I can totally relate to the snow issue :grumble: WHERE IS IT?!? It's throwing a funk in my mood, too. And what's with the western mountains getting 6-8 FEET??
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    I'm so sorry you are having a rough Christmas season and I am so sorry for your loss. I lost both of my grandparents on my dad side this year. (In September and November). I will not see my Georgia family this year either. So I empathize.

I am so glad to see that you have found the good in a crummy day that's so amazing. Remember to count your many blessings and be thankful for the good people in your life...and te4h good stranger that buy coffee and the like and I'm sure you will be feeling better soon.

I am wishing you the Best Holiday Possible!
This discussion has been closed.