If I Were You, I'd Stretch EVERY Time, ALL Over!!!

Scorpiomom222
Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I forgot my arms stretches, and now, right under my armpits ache and are super tight! It's MISERABLE!!! Like a charlie horse you can't get to. Stretch, stretch, STRETCH!!! You'll be glad that you did!

Replies

• jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    I have been stretching a lot lately and love how much better I feel!!!
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Ditto. I started doing the X stretch or yoga every single day. I feel a lot better. I'm convinced that doing this has helped me avoid getting sick when my entire family has been ill.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Ditto. I started doing the X stretch or yoga every single day. I feel a lot better. I'm convinced that doing this has helped me avoid getting sick when my entire family has been ill.

100% correct. Stretching/Yoga helps to remove the toxins from your body!
  • KcFitCoach
    KcFitCoach Posts: 135 Member
    But, save static stretching for AFTER the workouts. I have known lots of runners (including myself) who have ended up injured stretching before muscles are good and warm.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    OH YES! I do either yoga or sometimes 20 minutes of Zumba with stretches! If I do Zumba before a run, that is usually when I run the farthest...go figure!!! :o)
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    I hate stretching, but I force myself to do it... I'm not sure if it helps, but I'm so sore with it, I'd hate to find out what it's like without :D
  • Scorpiomom222
    Well, take it from me, IT SUCKS!!! do it every time, and be thorough! I can't believe I forgot my arms! What a silly mistake.....
    2hrfr78.gif
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Yes I am going through this right now. My calves are sooooo tight after running home right after being on the elliptical for an hour with out streaching them out.
  • Scorpiomom222
    My legs usually aren't very tight after the elliptical. Of course, I run and then get on the elliptical after stretching my legs.
This discussion has been closed.