Does your dog bother you when you workout in your frontroom?

Options

Replies

• knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yeah--my dog thinks exercise is some kind of keep away game. He brings his toys and dances around me.
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My kitties are nearly always underfoot if I'm working out to one of my DVDs. Mr. Tadakichi is a scaredy-cat and gets out of the way pretty quicky, but Jayne thinks it's a good time to try and get my attention because he is in need of a cuddlefest RIGHT NOW. :laugh:
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    My dog, an 80 pound German Shorthaired Pointer/Dalmation mix, SNORES in his bed throughout my workout. It cracks me up! Chalene Johnson is encouraging me to "get your second wind" while my dog is sleeping away!
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Yeah--my dog thinks exercise is some kind of keep away game. He brings his toys and dances around me.
  • MyWishfulShrinking
    Options
    My dog will try to play with me while I'm working out, so It's hard to keep focus haha. Especially when I'm on my stationary bike he tries to bite the pedals or lick the belt on my treadmill.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My dog has been known to offer her assitance when stretching. Sometimes she will curl up in my lap when I do butterfly stretch or she brings me toys to throw while I am doing other things.

BTW my dog isn't really small either lol

gotta love pets!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I'm big and scary when I workout. My kitties will come and peek in the room, but usually run away down the hall. Rarely, they'll wait patiently will I am taking a break before making a dash to hide under the desk or in the window to watch.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    My border collie starts barking and play-biting my pants and arms. Drives me nuts!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Whenever I do Yoga my dogs have to run underneath me, when Im doing any aerobic activity they like to play too! I have 4 dogs...Im shocked that I havent broken any bones yet! LOL!

Yep, this^^only my two 3-year-olds want to crawl underneath me.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Oh, and when I do floor work or crunches my dog curls up with his head on my lap. Very difficult to get those crunches done!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    lol...i don't have a dog..but i have a cat that likes to go under me when i'm in plank position...I tell him...move or become a flat cat!!!!!:blushing:

My cat does this exact same thing. My dog also loves to come and cuddle when I'm trying to do floor exercises.
  • thatklutzychick
    thatklutzychick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My dog used to be a pain too, but then I trained her to sit on her bed and stay while I work out. She gets massive amounts of her favorite treats when I'm done. Now, when she sees me putting on my workout clothes she makes a dash to her bed with her tail wagging.
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My 110 lb Great Dane mix thinks its a game and wants to play, I have to block off the living room with a chair....but he still makes his way under the coffee table and ends up under my feet!
  • jojogirl
    Options
    Because of my dog, my cats, my kids, and the occasional husband passing through with a sausage and pepper hero I decided to RUN and get a gym membership!
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I also have to remove my cat because he likes to jump up at me. It just looks like he's trying to join in, it's so damn cute.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    My dog doesn't want to do anything, because she's 12. I cannot do yoga or pilates in her presence, because she feels the need to waller all over me and lick my hair... but if I'm doing aerobics, first she gets all bent out of shape because I make her move out of the middle of the floor, and actually grumbles when she lays down elsewhere. Then, she watches me, sulking from the corner, and looking at me like I'm totally insane. This is the "look" : Baileybug.jpg
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I have two dashchunds and a pug. The pug could care less but the minute I start moving they are all over me. They tend to follow me all over the house anyway but I guess they think its play time when I exercise, especially if I'm on the floor (at their level).

However, when I want to take them for their walk/ exercise and its cold out - one of the doxies will go hide under the bed. I freeze my butt off, they get to join me (in matching sweaters of course).
  • ZebraGlee78
    ZebraGlee78 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Can't you just put them in another room?
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    My pugs TOTALLY do this when I'm doing my Body by Bethenny yoga DVD and I think it's HILARIOUS. They curl up underneath my backbend, lay between my legs during cobra...

My husband refers to their participation as 'helping' me work out.

Charmagne
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have 2 chihuahuas and a yellow lab. The little ones try to lick my face and the lab keeps bringing toys for me to throw. Now, I put the chihuahuas on the couch with a blanket. That at least clears them out of the way.. So I just have to dodge a 65 pound yellow lab and my 6 year old daughter... Fun times :wink: Just think of it as improving your peripheral vision.