Last minute Christmas gifts-HELP!

Options
Ok, so my second shift supervisor surprises me with a Christmas gift including an electric tart warmer, 6 packs of a 6 piece soy tart set and a really nice night light. Usually every year we all as a department chip in and get the first and second shift supervisor a gift card to somewhere. I feel like I should get him a little something else from me. Any ideas? Maybe around the $10-$15 range? Thank you!!!

By the way i usually get lottery tickets from them...so this was a bit unexpected!

Replies

• jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Beer? Dunkin'/Starbucks gift card? DVD?
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    it really depens on what yo uknow about teh supervisor.

My husband love Firehouse subs So I bought him the hot sauce tehy make and a $10 gift card for his stocking.

Hicky farms gift sets are good for men. Sometimes Walmart and Target have them on the gift isles. ( they uasually have hot sauce ones also.)

Harry and David also has good food gifts.

Orniments can be too. Kohl's has populary sports thema in our area at their stores

Hope this helps!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    maybe a gift card, or a gift pack. You know they have the ones with booze, or cheese and crackers, or cookies.
    :)
    Good luck
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Beer? Dunkin'/Starbucks gift card? DVD?

We already got a gift card to Lowes for $50 but that is from everyone. I just feel like i should give them something just from me in addition to the gift card.

Thanks!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Well what does he like? Any inside jokes that you could play off of and get him something related to?!
  • Gargwin82
    Gargwin82 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if alcohol is the best gift for a supervisor. I know my Mother's co-worker almost got fired when she had liquor at work to give to her supervisor. It's a violation of their company policy. So just be careful with that one.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Are they a coffee or tea drinker? Could get them a nice mug and some gourmet coffee or tea or even the via instant coffee from starbucks.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    For workplace gifts I usually get a travel mug from the closest coffee shop to the office and either some coffee or tea to go with it depending on the person's preference.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I just have to say something about your profile pic. LOOKS LIKE SANTA IS A PERV!! LOL!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    What's a tart warmer? I'm guessing it's not what I'm thinking it is. :laugh:

I guess, for me, it would matter if he got something for everyone or just for a few. If he got something for everyone, then I think the group gift is fine. If he didn't, then a food gift, lottery tickets or something nice for his desk are all safe presents. If you know him better than a normal co-worker, you can make them more personal -- like baking his favorite dessert or buying a wine you know for sure he'd love.

(Is this one supervisor or all of them?)
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options

See? I'm not the only one.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options

See? I'm not the only one.

Ya'll are funny. A tart warm is a somthing with a tealight candle or light bulb that melts scented wax "tarts" it's a alternative to a scented candle.
  • MacMadame
    Options
    Oh, I thought it warmed up a pastry tart.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    :smile: Swiss army knife or a leatherman. Every man in my family owns one of each.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    How about a fancy hot chocolate mix (Ghiardelli, or I think Starbucks sells it) and some fresh-baked goodies (or the alcohol-infused whipped cream if you feel comfortable giving alcohol). :flowerforyou:
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I got my "boss" a Bob's Bathroom reader, Armed Forces Edition (Army guy). So it was kinda a gag gift, but he'd still really enjoy reading it, too. One of my coworkers got our boss a tie with my coworker's face imprinted on the tie, yet another gag gift but fun and the talk of the floor. I won't talk about the calender he made the year after that....
    You can't beat homemade yummies. I always like those.
    melanie
  • MacMadame
    Options
    Okay, Christmas is over... so we want to know: what did you do?! :laugh: