Wii Wii

Options
Hello,

My name is Molly and I'm new to the site.

I am really embarrassed to go to a gym, I don't really have a clue what I'm doing... and I don't like the 'stares' from the more experienced exercisers. I have a hard time sticking to exercise so I decided I'm going to get a Wii + the Wii Zumba program and STICK TO IT.

My goals are to lose some weight, feel better about myself, look better in my clothes... and get a date (maybe!) I'm 29 and can't get a date... so I figure, first-thing's-first. I'll work on myself, and my attitude.

Has anyone had any luck with the Wii programs?

Thanks!

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Welcome!

I used to have trouble sticking with an exercise program until I started doing ONLY activities that I enjoy. Took me a while to find them (and most of them aren't what people would traditionally consider exercise) but once I did, I was unstoppable. If this isn't the program that gets you excited to move, keep experimenting. You'll find it :)

YOU CAN DO IT!

Charmagne
  • milaestevam
    Options
    Hi Molly!

I have bought the Wii MyShape and it is really good. It comes with a camera and it tracks your movements and you can see yourself on the screen! I enjoy it a lot.
    I have been thinking of buying the Zumba game to vary my workout a bit. Please let me know what do you think of the game if you get it!

Lots of love and good luck honey!

Mila
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    Hello Molly! I use xbox kinect for working out cause I'm a little self conscious as well :) Do what works for you and best of luck!!
  • yellowfairy
    yellowfairy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That is in fact-mostly how I get my exercise. I love the Wii-and hope to get Zumba soon. I currently have Wii Fit and Biggest Loser-and they are both really great. I have Gold's Gym Boxing-but don't like the music on it-so I can't use it. Plays only one song....
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site!! I absolutely love this site!! this is the longest I have stuck to tracking calories and I am losing weight!! My workouts everyday consist of the game Just Dance 2!! It is sooo much fun and you dont even feel like you are working out...well except for the sweat dripping LOL but seriously I am sooooo glad I bought the game I LOVE IT!! and I am also thinking about getting the Zumba game as well! Good Luck!!
  • Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am using the wii and I am doing good. I have been using EA Active and am finding success. I also have wii fit walk it out and I want to get the just dance games and zumba as well as a few others on my to buy list I figure it cant hurt to have as many as possible as I tend to get bored. Good luck!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I've had some nice results with Wii Biggest Loser, and a lot of fun with Wii Fit Plus :)
  • dancinggirl81
    dancinggirl81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I can't wait to get my Wii in the mail; I also ordered the 'Just Dance 2' game. Being new to the Wii... I have no idea what to expect... but I'm so glad to hear some great feedback/results! If all goes well, I'll be saving for the Wii Fit game with balance board!
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    I just got a Wii, I just have Zumba Love It! I cannot wait to get more games. I find I enjoy it a lot more than most of my exercise DVDs.