Year in Review

brittlynne3579
brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
Saw this and thought it looked fun on a boring day at work :smile:

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Got dumped in a text message...whammy :laugh:

Where's #2? I have no clue

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Wow, lots of people. Good friend had a healthy baby girl while another had healthy twin boys after several miscarriages and fertilization!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, my grandmother and my best friend's brother both died July 9th

5. What countries did you visit? Just US

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? More money...I'm sick of robbing Peter to pay Paul!

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 1st - the day I crossed the South Carolina border and was H-O-M-E!

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Getting an awesome promotion that brought me closer to my family.

9. What was your biggest failure? My judge of character on the ex.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Luckily the worst I suffered from was strep throat...second time in my life I ever got it.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Hmm..probably stuff for my new apartment...so cozy and 'me'!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Wow..so many. My family for helping me get home. My friends (in life and MFP) for supporting me through my tough times and my dad for constantly reminding me that one day, when I have money, I need to remember the grace of generosity.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The ex who cheated and lied. I did have one friend (the one whose brother died) who plays the blame game and doesn't take any responsibility for her own actions and consequences...which is frustrating and alienating.

14. Where did most of your money go? Moving and rent...riveting I know.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The birth of my friend's baby girl...I'm a sap about that kind of stuff :sad:

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Anything by Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Kind of in the same place...single and happy
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Poorer..Jesus...much poorer :laugh:

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Traveling and fitness-related activities

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying and swearing

20. How will you be spending Christmas? 2 miles from home at mom's house with EVERYONE together :drinker:

21. Did you fall in love in 2010? I fell in love hard and got hurt hard

22. How many one-night stands? None so far :devil:

23. What was your favorite TV program? 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom...don't judge me

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Just the ex

25. What was the best book you read? The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Ray Lamontage...listened to him a while, but this year he blew me away

27. What did you want and get? I wanted my own place in my hometown and here I am

28. What did you want and not get? The family life I hoped for

29. What was your favorite film of this year? The Hangover

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 27 and got flowers and cookie cake sent to my work and my brothers flew to Houston!

31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More time with my Mimi before she passed.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Same as always...buck naked I'm dressed to kill :blushing:

33. What kept you sane? Cymbalta, my friends and family, and an occassional joint :smokin:

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Chelsea Handler...hilarious

35. What political issue stirred you the most? People Obama hating. I get it, you hate him...but he's the President for a while so just chill.

36. Who did you miss? Damian (best friend/ex who lives in Argentina)

37. Who was the best new person you met? In life, my work friend Tammi, online, most def my MFP family. Amazing how much strangers help you through trauma.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS (Seriously, my gut has been right EVERY time)

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Hehe, I've started a trend with this survey. The first year I did it was 2003/2004, and I've done it every year since :)
  • 1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? ran a marathon

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? no, but i know at least 3 that are going to in 2011

4. Did anyone close to you die? luckily no

5. What countries did you visit? USA

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Another baby

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 4/11.first half ...11/7.first full

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Losing most of my weight, again-the running

9. What was your biggest failure? I don't believe I had any.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just my right leg after the marathon

11. What was the best thing you bought? clothes that fit in a few sizes smaller!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My son for just being him and being full of love.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? someones ex-wife

14. Where did most of your money go? living

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? again-my son:)

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? the vacuum song i sing w/ my son

a) happier or sadder? happier
    b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
    c) richer or poorer? Poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Traveling and organizing

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying

20. How will you be spending Christmas? at home with my family

21. Did you fall in love in 2010? I fall in love everyday

22. How many one-night stands? 0

23. What was your favorite TV program? how i met your mother and modern family

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? no..i dont hate anyone-though i do dislike a few :drinker:

25. What was the best book you read? i didnt finish one in 2010

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? i cant name one right now

27. What did you want and get? nothing

28. What did you want and not get? a house on the water

29. What was your favorite film of this year? The Hangover

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? my birthday is monday and i will be 35

31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? if my husband wasnt laid off

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? gym clothes, trying for jeans and the smokey look now!

33. What kept you sane? knowing that i was going home to my husband and son every night

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? jennifer anniston and sarah palin

35. What political issue stirred you the most? everything is political isn't it?

36. Who did you miss? my dog fenway

37. Who was the best new person you met? i didnt meet anyone new in 2010..

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010? when everything seems so terrible-just wait-it gets better!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010? when everything seems so terrible-just wait-it gets better!

I love this life lesson!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    I'll do it too!

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Move across the country, got my heart broken, and was betrayed by a "friend". It was a very good year for change.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A couple of friends had babies.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit? None. I did get to see a lot of the US I hadn't seen before.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Money. I'm tired of being broke.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 14th. It was the day my best friend flew in to help me begin my move across country. August 1 and September 3 due to ex drama. November 18th because I found out the depth of a "friend"s betrayal. December 8th was the day I decided to truely start to let go of what was never suppose to be.

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Participating in my first 5k and getting a promotion that moved me to the east coast like I've wanted to.

9. What was your biggest failure? My judge of character on the ex. <---applies to me too.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I slipped and messed up my knee really badly two days before my 5k. I still did it. I just couldn't run the whole thing.

11. What was the best thing you bought? These fantastic knee high black leather boots. They are SO cute and comfortable.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? All my friends that helped me deal with my crazy these last couple of months.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My ex that treated me pretty poorly after we broke up but more so, the girl that used it all to her advantage to get what she wanted

14. Where did most of your money go? Moving, rent, student loans, and airline tickets to see said ex.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Seeing my (then) boyfriend, meeting friends from MFP, and moving across country.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Vanilla Twilight by Owl City, Never Be the Same by Red, and Stronger by Brittney Spears. I'm a bit ashamed of the last one.

a) happier or sadder? Sadder I think but definitely stronger and a better person. A much better person
    b) thinner or fatter? about the same
    c) richer or poorer? geezus, definately poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Getting out and meeting new people in this area, exercising.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? thinking about my relationship with my (now) ex and spending money on visiting him, eating.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? hiking and hanging out with friends.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010? I fell in love hard and got hurt hard <
    definitely applies to me too.

22. How many one-night stands? I have had one.

23. What was your favorite TV program? Sanctuary

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Despite everything, for the most part, I don't hate anyone. I've tried to look at things from their perspectives to understand why they did it. Of course, I still want nothing to do with either of them and occasionally get REALLY pissed thinking about everything.

25. What was the best book you read? Living Buddha, Living Christ by Thich Nhat Hanh

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Shinedown

27. What did you want and get? This job.

28. What did you want and not get? The man I loved and a chance to have a life with him and his daughters.

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and Eat, Pray, Love

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Spent time with my mom then with my now ex. It was the day I started to fall for him.

31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Making a completely different choice in January and telling him to leave.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Mmmm sexy and comfy?

33. What kept you sane? Celexa, meditation, and Heather.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hmmmm, Channing Tatum. What can I say? He's hott.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? Cali's Prop 8 repeal.

36. Who did you miss? My now ex, my best friend.

37. Who was the best new person you met? Amazing how this answer has changed in that last two months. My ex's daughter, Kaylee. Despite everything, thinking about her still makes me smile. And my friend, Debra, I've known her for ages, but we never got past acquaintances till recently.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS (Seriously, my gut has been right EVERY time) <-- also true for me. I can think of SO many times where I KNEW but I ignored.
    Also, the key to getting through a difficult time is to look for the lesson you can learn from it and to view that as a positive.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Why not ....

1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? ran four 5k's

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My cousin (pseudo daughter) gave birth on December 12th

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, my only Grandpa

5. What countries did you visit? Mexico

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Money. I'm tired of being broke. <-- Ditto

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 27, my Grandpas DOD. May 5th, my first time meeting my BFF Renae, August 7th, procedure to remove the cancer that returned in 2010. December 12th, my cousins miracle baby was born.

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? I was promoted to the position I've wanted for years.

9. What was your biggest failure? Letting people into my life who ended up sucking & causing drama.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No

11. What was the best thing you bought? My car :) I've had it since '06 but I finally BOUGHT it this year lol been paying on it for too frickin' long.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? my husband for putting up with me another year thru all the madness lol

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? A friend who blamed all of his issues on other people, then whined that there was too much 'drama' ... I swear boys are so much worse than girls when it comes to drama! And also my mom/dad/brother for being so sh!tty to me this year.

14. Where did most of your money go? ....hmmm, What money?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My cousin having her daughter, and I get equally excited at every improvement she makes.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? Anything by Lady Antebellum

a) happier or sadder? Happier - I have SO much more to be thankful, though I've learned mostly it thru the sad moments.
    b) thinner or fatter? lighter yet fatter if that makes sense. i've lost weight but gained flab from lack ofworking out. boo.
    c) richer or poorer? yeah, poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? spent more time with my kids, I think they each grew up twice as fast this year

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? wish I woulda put less energy in the sucky friendships I had

20. How will you be spending Christmas? With my family & DH's family

21. Did you fall in love in 2010? I fell in 2005, but I fall a lil harder each year :)

22. How many one-night stands? lol none for me thanks

23. What was your favorite TV program? *blush* Teen Mom

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nobody is worth the effort it really takes to hate someone.

25. What was the best book you read? The Shack

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Skillet

27. What did you want and get? A clean bill of health :)

28. What did you want and not get? A million dollars

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Dear John (was that this year??)

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Turned 25 & got a tattoo :)

31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Getting to see my Grandpa one last time before he passed, he passed the week before I had plans to see him...

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? I have no concept of fashion..

33. What kept you sane? My husband & Renae

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I have no idea.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? Gonna leave this one alone.

36. Who did you miss? the people my family used to be...

37. Who was the best new person you met? MFP member Renae (naesdestiny). She is an amazing person & has most definitely helped me through a LOT of hard times this year. I love her as if she has been in my life since birth. :)

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. Don't spend one second more than absolutely necessary on negativity in your life, forgive those who hurt you & reward those who love you.
This discussion has been closed.