How to make Iced Green Tea?

Options
Helawat
Helawat Posts: 605 Member
I like green tea but it was 107 degrees in Las Vegas today and I'm craving it cold but I don't know how to make it.

Is it possible to put a tea bag in a bottle of water and let it sit for 10 minutes? I don't know if that will work or not. I'm such a n00b, I know :)

Thanks Guys! :heart:

Replies

• Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I like green tea but it was 107 degrees in Las Vegas today and I'm craving it cold but I don't know how to make it.

Is it possible to put a tea bag in a bottle of water and let it sit for 10 minutes? I don't know if that will work or not. I'm such a n00b, I know :)

Thanks Guys! :heart:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    when i make iced tea ( I haven't in a long while though) I would put a medium size pot of water on the stove and add a bunch of tea bags around 12 or so then after it is brewed i would take it off the stove and add sweetener or sugar (although you can drink it unsweetened) then I would pour into a pitcher and add cold water and a lot of ice cubes. Put it in the fridge and wait until it is cold then drink it.

So basically, you brew it, add the sweeteners and then make it cold.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    when i make iced tea ( I haven't in a long while though) I would put a medium size pot of water on the stove and add a bunch of tea bags around 12 or so then after it is brewed i would take it off the stove and add sweetener or sugar (although you can drink it unsweetened) then I would pour into a pitcher and add cold water and a lot of ice cubes. Put it in the fridge and wait until it is cold then drink it.

About how I make it and I love Iced Green Tea! Except now I drink so much of it that I don't even boil the water anymore. I just run the tap water until it gets hot, then fill my pitcher, add my tea bags (I use about 8 per gallon) and pop it in the fridge!

Oh, and I don't add sweetener either--I add that to the glass as I drink. I found I use less that way.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

About how I make it and I love Iced Green Tea! Except now I drink so much of it that I don't even boil the water anymore. I just run the tap water until it gets hot, then fill my pitcher, add my tea bags (I use about 8 per gallon) and pop it in the fridge!

Oh, and I don't add sweetener either--I add that to the glass as I drink. I found I use less that way.

I make my tea the same way...all kinds, but without any sugar (only because I do not like it sweet). Since you are in Vegas where there is plenty of sunshine, you can also add the bags to the water and let it sit in the sun for about four hours and then put in in the fride (called 'sun tea').
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I usually take about 4 cups of water and boil it. I pour it into my pitcher along with 8 tea bags. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, and then pull out the teabags. You can then add another 4 cups of cold water and stow it in the fridge. I found that if you boil all of the water it gets waaaaay bitter waaaaay too quickly - and thats coming from someone who doesn't sweeten his green tea, ever. Add a sprig of mint if you can get your hands on it, it adds a really nice refreshing flavor to it.
  • sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    Options
    if you are looking to make just one glass, you can always do what i do at work.... Take a tea back...put it in your cup with about 1/4 the way full of hot water, let it sit there for about 2 min or so and then fill up w/ cold water, ice, and your sweetener. it's great!:bigsmile:
  • sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    Options
    Make that Tea BAG...lol..not tea back ...oops!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I used to buy the most wonderful blended green tea from this place called Perks in Southern Utah.
    They made traditional green tea (chilled it), added some milk/soymilk, sweetened (if desired), toss it all in the blender with ice and hit blend.

Nice and refreshing.
  • Amanda4825
    Amanda4825 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i would kill to be in 107 degree weather right now.... ahh :ohwell: its about 40 degrees right now here and it suckkkks