iPhone/iPod Touch apps - any recommendations?

Options
Wondered if anyone on here has any that they'd recommend for:

a. Weight Loss
b. Health/Diet Info.
c. Exercising.
d. Anything else.

If so, would love to hear about 'em - I got an iPhone 4 last week, and am looking for any good apps.

Info appreciated,

:smile:

Neil.

Replies

• AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    There is a great one called MyFitnessPal.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options

Haha totally agree :)
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I have the myfitnesspal app and the fitbuilder one. Self has one but I can never get it to load right.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    Totally agree - MyFitnessPal rocks!
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i also like spark recipes for healthy recipes
    imap my ride is good too if you bike

aaaand my boyfriend just bought me the price is right app and it's the best ever!!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is really good for tracking exercise. Mostly designed to be used with the GPS and can track calories, distances, elevation and time. I got a cheap arm band for my android and take it on all my runs.
  • midonhau
    midonhau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    couch to 5k is a good app
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

aaaand my boyfriend just bought me the price is right app and it's the best ever!!

I love that app too!
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Under other apps - totally into Monopoly and Scrabble... great way to keep myself busy when I get the munchies so I guess indirectly they are weight loss apps. : )
  • peanut352
    peanut352 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Thats all you need! Seriously :flowerforyou:
  • alebalestra
    alebalestra Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started my diet with an Iphone app... Myfitnesspal, since I moved to USA, I gained 40 pounds, and whit my fitness pal, I already lost 20. I am entering every food and exercise on my Iphone.
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    I :heart: micoach by Adidas. I use it for run training but it has a whole lot of different programs. (http://www.adidas.com/micoach)
  • carolww
    carolww Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Nike+ GPS, tracks your run or walk and lets you know the distance, speed, calories burned. You can also join the Nike+ site and have training program set up or participate in challenges.
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    Nike +
    123Run
    Runkeeper
    My fitness Pal.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    If you're into outdoor exercise and want to track your workouts for speed, distance, routes via GPS, then the "iMapmy..." series is the way to go. There's iMapMyRun, iMapMyRide (Biking), and I forget which others. They're available for both iPhone and Android. I personally use CardioTrainer on my Android though. Not sure if that's available for the iPhone.

For fun & killing time, you can't beat DoodleJump -- it ROCKS! I dare you not to get hooked. =)
  • Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    Options
    For fun & killing time, you can't beat DoodleJump -- it ROCKS! I dare you not to get hooked. =)

I failed lol - I AM hooked!!! What an excellent little game! :smile:
  • Wiitabax
    Options
    The Nike gps app... any more info On this? :smile:
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

I prefer the Run Keeper GPS app and website. Haven't played with the Nike stuff.
  • Wiitabax
    Options

I prefer the Run Keeper GPS app and website. Haven't played with the Nike stuff.

From what I can see, the general consensus for the Niké apps is that they are pretty much cr*p and don't work properly - I got "Runmeter GPS" and am very impressed with it! :)

Run Keeper app. is currently FREE for the iPhone until the end of Jan - so I'll download that one too! Thanks for the heads up!

:smile:
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I use Motion Traxx while at the gym. You could use it anywhere you need great music while working out. I LOVE it! It has a lot of different mixes set to different BPMs to keep you moving.