FAILLLLLLLLL!

Options
2»

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I like to eat food too. I eat a lot of food! The most helpful thing to me was looking at portions, and then comparing how much I could eat of what for the same calorie amount. Nearly every time I choose the larger portion! Generally you can have 2-3 times the amount of vegies for the same calories of a piece of white bread. You can usually have twice as much baked skinless chicken breast as a hamburger patty. If you are truly hungry go for the volume of food rather than the high fat and carb stuff and the cravings for the high carb and fats reduce. If you eat a lot of the low cal high volume foods you often times have a little wiggle room so you CAN eat a cookie or chips too.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    All the helpful tips - drinking water, eating enough fiber, planning meals out in advance, etc. are great and I definitely agree with them, but you have to ask yourself WHY you are eating impulsively/uncontrolled? Are you bored? Do you eat when you're stressed? Most people have a very complicated realationship with food. When you get an impulse to eat more than you've planned stop and ask yourself why you keep sabotaging yourself.

In the end, you have to step up and realize that YOU have control over yourself and what you put in your body. If that potato salad or chocolate bar isn't in your plan for the day, then don't eat it. Don't eat because you're bored, don't eat because you're stressed. Food doesn't solve problems - it simply fuels our bodies. Treats are fun and can definitely be part of a healthy diet, but if you can't control yourself and always go overboard then you may need to cut certain foods out of your diet until you've learned how to control yourself better. Most people have a few "trigger" foods that tend to trigger overeating almost every time they eat it - For me, peanut butter is one of those foods... I can eat half a jar without thinking! I think PB is a very healthy food that can be part of a healthy diet, but for now I have to avoid it because it triggers me to binge.

Another angle - look at the ability to "say no" as a muscle. The more you exercise it, the stronger it gets. The more you ignore it, the weaker it gets.
  • Floricienta
    Options
    Thank you all SOOOOO much for your replies!!! :flowerforyou:
    I'm under a lot of pressure right now and I guess that may trigger the unhealthy choices I've been making.
    Blahhh, I really need to sort things out here, plan things ahead of time and put myself and my health first.
    Thank you, thank you! You've really inspired me I know it's possible to stay on track, so many of you have proved it.