I'm terrified!

Options
...of the sag!
I'm afraid that after losing weight I will have saggy skin. I had a friend in college drop about 20-30 pounds (about what i'm trying to lose) and her body 'dropped' as well. Is there anything I can do differently? For example, I have a rather large chest and I'd rather not have the girls *ahem* going south at only 23 years old! I'm not going to lose a huge amount of weight, but I already feel that in some areas I am getting a little slack.

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    you have youth and collagen and elastin on your side. add some pilates and other core toning type routines and don't go for a dramatic weight loss, just slow and steady. face your fear and do it anyway! Will be rooting for you!
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think it only happens if you lose really quickly.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    star using weights, that will help support the twins. Since your still under 30, the collagen in your skin is still being produced, so you shouldn't have saggy baggy skin (I'm over 50, ohwell, I'll get it trimmed up in a few years)!:wink:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Be forwarned...once you have a kid...they head south no matter what, lol. I had my daughter at 18...and going from a B to an E while prego...well, it was bound to happen that they wouldn't be the same afterwards. Same for the skin. Since you don't have a child...you should be able to drop the weight and not have any types of issues. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Pilates is amazing, running is amazing! I've lost 65+ pounds in the past year and nothing is sagging or dragging...yet! Ha ha! I thought the same thing. I thought as though my body had failed me to begin with, no metabolism, no energy. Why would my skin even begin to tone up if I were able to loose the weight?? Ha ha! It happens!!! :o) You've got this!
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    All bodies are different, so it really depends, and wouldn't you rather have sag than flab!
  • jamielee37
    jamielee37 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've discovered a love for running and hip hop class, so i'm hoping that's good, and I hope Santa is bringing me a few hand weights in my stocking, haha! I think i'm a little scared cause of the friend, but then again she started taking a medicine that like, cut off her appetite. We'll see! Thanks for the encouragement!! =)
  • MarilynMarie
    Options
    Just work out and tone up
    It really will help
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Your friend probably didn't exercise when she lost weight. exercise fight gravity.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Edorice knows! listen to this lady! You can do this and be very good at it--no nerves, just go for it!
  • Bexaa
    Bexaa Posts: 19
    Options
    Exercise Exercise Exercise...oh and Healthy food!

If you just lose weight by cutting out food or not eating enough, your skin may be on the saggier side than if u exercise. Exercise tightens the skin as we work out. So it is this plus eating healthy that keeps our skin glowing.