Christmas Eve

Options
joan41
joan41 Posts: 170 Member
Just wondering...me and my husband, and now our girls traditionally go out to lunch just the 4 of us, for Christmas Eve. Every year til last year we have gone to TEXAS ROADHOUSE! Last year we went to Olive Garden. This year our girls want to go back to Olive Gardeen. Any suggestions on what to eat???? I've been on the website, and nothing is REALLY low calorie. Should I just go ahead and cheat or what do you all suggest I have. I know I will cheat on Saturday. I do plan on exercising Friday morning, and I know that will help some.

Replies

• CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    When I went this week I had the Linguine w/Marinara from their Garden Fare menu. For the lunch portion is was only 310 calories. The trick is to try and aoid too much salad and breadsticks since the sodium will definitely lead to weight gain.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    yep the trick is to dodge the sodium--enjoy and have fun!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Just wondering...me and my husband, and now our girls traditionally go out to lunch just the 4 of us, for Christmas Eve. Every year til last year we have gone to TEXAS ROADHOUSE! Last year we went to Olive Garden. This year our girls want to go back to Olive Gardeen. Any suggestions on what to eat???? I've been on the website, and nothing is REALLY low calorie. Should I just go ahead and cheat or what do you all suggest I have. I know I will cheat on Saturday. I do plan on exercising Friday morning, and I know that will help some.

My husband got a gift card for, Olive Garden's from a drum student last week and I was stressin! Well, we all went as a family and I ordered some Lemon Chicken thing (it's new it said on the menu) with tortolini(sp?), anyways, I ate half of what was on my plate, got the salad with low fat italian dressing and had (gulp) one bread stick. I did good on all my other meals for the day and exercised so I didn't beat myself up. Guess what? That same week I lost 2.5 lbs still. Just portion size it and I'm sure you'll be all good to go! Have a wonderful, Christmas :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    hey do have symbols on their menu that point out lower cal choices , I got apricot chicken with vegetables, it didnt sound to great, but it was delicious and only 380 cal, I think. I know it was less then 400. I would suggest this and maybe a soup, stay away from the breadsticks, anything fried and anything with alot of cheese. Have fun and enjoy
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I had this very issue with Olive Garden; it's the go-to place for co-worker birthday lunches. Olive Garden has a nutrition list for their items. I found the Grilled Chicken Spiedini (460 calories; 13 g fat; 2.5g saturated fat; 1180 mg sodium; 26 g carbs; and 7 g fiber) about the only choice I had - not much with low carbs at Olive Garden! I avoid the (oh so delicious) breadsticks, and the dish is quite tasty. It's only listed on their lunch menu, so not sure if it's available for dinner (I would request it, or call ahead and ask if it can be made for dinner).

Enjoy!