Money to blow

2»

Replies

• puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Don't get an exercise bike.. How hard can you work when you sitting on your butt reading a book... Bugs my boyfriend and I when we see this at the gym. If anything get a spin bike and a spin dvd..that work your a** :) I would check out beachbody.com to see what workout dvd's you can buy.. Try Chalean extreme or slim in six or p90x! Good luck!! oh and if you do decided to get a piece of equipment check craigs list.. I got a pre owned elliptical for 150 :)
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Don't get an exercise bike.. How hard can you work when you sitting on your butt reading a book... Bugs my boyfriend and I when we see this at the gym. If anything get a spin bike and a spin dvd..that work your a** :) I would check out beachbody.com to see what workout dvd's you can buy.. Try Chalean extreme or slim in six or p90x! Good luck!! oh and if you do decided to get a piece of equipment check craigs list.. I got a pre owned elliptical for 150 :)

How about joining a gym temporarily, trying the machines, then getting your favorite on craigs list?
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    a GOOD heart rate monitor and some free weights with any leftover money :)
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    I would go with a workout DVD set from Beachbody. If you are new to working out, try Slim in 6. If you like to shake it and want to kick butt, Turbo Jam is the way to go. You get multiple workouts you can do anywhere, anytime. A gym membership expires and any peice of equipment you get for under $200 is probably going to be a little on the cheesey side.
  • 1st choice: go to a good gym for a while. Besides the machines be sure to try several classes (including spinning). Then you'll have a better idea
    2nd choice (for staying at home): HRM, resistance bands, a few handweights and a few videos (from craigslist). I got a nice Polar HRM from ebay for $110 (half of normal) and its been flawless.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    1st choice: go to a good gym for a while. Besides the machines be sure to try several classes (including spinning). Then you'll have a better idea
    2nd choice (for staying at home): HRM, resistance bands, a few handweights and a few videos (from craigslist). I got a nice Polar HRM from ebay for $110 (half of normal) and its been flawless.

I also got a Polar HRM half price on ebay! Love it! I didn't know I would.

I've seen some like new exercise machines that sell for $500 to double that or more for way cheap on craigs list. I think the key is to look them up and see what they are like. People get tired of work out machines, or join a gym and dump machines.
This discussion has been closed.