Great British Chefs Ideas

Options

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Copied it for you. Hope it works.

METHOD

In a wok set over a high flame, heat half the peanut oil until just smoking. Add half the turkey mince with half of the chopped lemongrass and chilli. Quickly stir-fry, breaking up the lumps of mince, for 3-4 minutes or until the meatstarts to brown slightly
    Transfer the cooked turkey mix to heat-proof bowl and repeat the process with the remaining oil, turkey, lemon grass and chilli, re-heating the wok between batches. Once both batches have book cooked, set the mix aside for 15 minutes to cool
    While the turkey cools, whisk together the lime juice, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and lime zest in a small bowl until well combined
    Drizzle the lime dressing over the turkey mixture and mix in the chopped onion, coriander and mint. Spoon the turkey mixture into the lettuce leaves and sprinkle over the chopped peanuts to serve
    Send us feedback on this Turkey laab recipe

Corney & Barrow matching wine
    Find out why Corney & Barrow match this Turkey laab recipe with an aromatic white wine, or a full-bodied and ripe white wine

INGREDIENTS
    500g of turkey mince
    1 tbsp of peanut oil
    1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped, pale section only
    1 green chilli, long, finely chopped
    60ml of lime juice
    1 tbsp of fish sauce
    1 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce
    1 tbsp of lime zest
    1/2 red onion, finely slice
    13g of coriander leaves
    2 tbsp of fresh mint
    baby cos lettuce, to serve
    40g of peanuts, finely chopped

Sounds good!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    This laab recipe is missing the toasted rice. Here's a more authentic version.

http://www.thaitable.com/thai/recipe/laab
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Quirky_but_nice Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I missed out the rice as I can't control how much rice I eat. It just seems to make me hungry, so I avoid it!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

Yes I do remember now that is more traditional and would make a very good addition.
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Options
    Sounds good!

It certainly does. My mouth's watering! I like the fact that it's made from individual naturally occuring ingredients, apart from the 2 sauces which are usually obtainable everywhere.

It works out to 285 calories per serving :-D :-D :-D

I get frustrated by recipes which use items available in your location, but not mine. Then I have to search for alternatives.

Graham crackers. Nuff said! (I'm in the uk)
  • Quirky_but_nice
    Options

How many fresh chillies is that then? And what type? I can source 10 different chilli powders around me. It gets confusing :(