New beginning

Options
Hi There. I have been using my dad's death as an excuse to over eat and skip the gym. I turned 48 a few days ago and decided enough was enough. 11 months away from the gym was enough! My plan is to hold tight and not gain any more weight over Christmas and New Year's, then get back to the gym January 1st. New year, new beginning.

Replies

• jul21r
    jul21r Posts: 34
    Options
    I have been using the death of my twins as an excuse for 7 years now. I have gone up and up in weight and have been 290-315 for about 4 years now. I have had 3 babies since I lost my Boys but I am ready now to lose the weight. I wish you luck as you start on your journey and wish you luck in dealing with the lose of your dad.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Happy B-Day and welcome to your new beginning!!
  • jamaka1
    jamaka1 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    GOOD 4U
  • mommacakes2
    Options
    Wow, you must be very strong. Enjoy the holidays with your children :smile:
  • mommacakes2
    Options
    Thank you!
  • meeshers
    meeshers Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i had a hard time when my dad died too. it was all i could do to function 'normally' day to day, let alone go to the gym and take care of myself!! hence my 40 pound weight gain (yikes). but i'm glad to hear you're feeling ready to get back to gym with guns blazing!! you're not alone! :flowerforyou:
  • pag3533
    pag3533 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't wait to get back to the gym. Now is the time to start. Most people gain 10lbs over the holidays. Best of luck to you