Baggy Tee Turned into Cute Top

Options
13»

Replies

• dkrioux
    dkrioux Posts: 144
    Options
    Great idea!!! I was gonna make a quilt out of all my fatty clothes,,, may have to save some of my favs to do this with:)
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That's adorable! I may do this if I have a few shirts that are too big (most of mine are kinda tight/small right now though...) I wear mediums for them to fit and smalls to be a bit tight... so idk...
    I would suggest using a large then if you have some old ones around the house.
    Also some of the mediums would be cute with just the neck cut out to make it more of a "boatneck" to show off the shoulders and collarbones. Practice on some shirts you don't care about! LOL
    Thanks. That's what I was thinking. The only larges we have are a few of my school t-shirts from when I was bigger in school (before I'd lost my weight in high school from waitressing) and some of DH's shirts (which he would hate me cutting up).

I may try one of the mediums and see how it goes once I get my weight off again :)
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Totally just did it this morning witha super cute Tee. Trimmed down the sleeves and cinched the sides. It's AWESOME, I'm wearing it out tonight... I'll take pics and post soon! :bigsmile:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of shirts I'm planning on doing this with. :bigsmile:
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Totally just did it this morning witha super cute Tee. Trimmed down the sleeves and cinched the sides. It's AWESOME, I'm wearing it out tonight... I'll take pics and post soon! :bigsmile:

yay! can't wait to see the pics!!

I have some old vintagey concert tee's I think I am going to do this to as well!
    I have a couple of shirts I'm planning on doing this with.:bigsmile:

make sure you post pics as well girly! you can post them on the thread if you want.....
    I love DIY projects!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I made a halter top out of one of my old tee's this weekend. It turned out pretty good but shorter than I wanted so I think I will wear a cami-tank underneath it when I wear it.

Here's the link to the directions: http://www.sacredfem.com/diy-tutorials/turn-t-shirt-into-halter-top.html

Also...I did the side a little different than the directions on the webpage has it. The lace up side looked a little shady to me. I wasn't sure if it would hold up and I didn't want to test it! :laugh:

I forgot to take a 'before' pic of what the tee looked like before I cut it up so the only pic I could find was one from a long time ago:grumble:

Before:
    l_cb841e86a1a9410bb2d321ae257959de.jpg

After:
    l_5ec4ca37f35b4e57a7593627adc7ef4b.jpg

I think it turned out alright. Not bad for my first try.
    I am definitely going to keep experimenting with the different techniques.
    If anyone else does any of these modifications to their clothes feel free to post pics on this thread. I want to see them! :smile:

Dani
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    creative...and cute
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I love it!! I have so many t shirts that are too big for me to wear! I'm going to have to try this out. My best friends Mom made a quilt out of all my Dallas Mavericks 2xl t's. I love this idea!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!