WANTED!! quiche Recipes

Options
DollyPocket
DollyPocket Posts: 33 Member
Hi Everyone,
Soo my boyfriend said jokingly the other day after tea at his mother’s ‘if you can master homemade quiche I will marry you’!
So if anybody has some good quiche recipes I would love to see them! Open to any suggestions, low cal alternatives or indulgent treats.
Thank you in advance 

Replies

• Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    My mother has a good recipe that she makes in tart shells (all homemade). I'll see if I can get the recipe from her. I wish I knew how to tag a post so I can come back to this post easily. Lol.
  • PatriziaGen
    PatriziaGen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My husband and kids looked at me strangely when I started making quiche and now you'll hear them ask 'why haven't you made any quiche lately?"

I use this recipe - and when I can, I swap items for 'less fattening ones" or will swap out 1 egg for egg white instead - turkey breast instead of ham.

http://www.tenderflake.ca/en/recipes/pages/DeepDishHamQuiche.aspx
  • DollyPocket
    Options
    Brill thank you :-) will take a look at the website x
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    My mother has a good recipe that she makes in tart shells (all homemade). I'll see if I can get the recipe from her. I wish I knew how to tag a post so I can come back to this post easily. Lol.

Hi, to tag a post, it will come back either in your topics, or you will see a number under your profile... Just click on that number and that is everything you responded to.... Hope that helps
  • Mygsds
    Options
    This is from Paula Dean., not exactly lo cal, but a indulgence once in a while. Make this Christmas morning...

Ingredients
    6 large eggs, beaten
    1 1/2 cups heavy cream
    Salt and pepper
    2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
    1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
    1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
    1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate
    Directions
    Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges.

CATEGORIES: Spinach Brunch Quiche View All

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/spinach-and-bacon-quiche-recipe.html?oc=linkback
  • Mygsds
    Options
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This is from Paula Dean., not exactly lo cal, but a indulgence once in a while. Make this Christmas morning...

Ingredients
    6 large eggs, beaten
    1 1/2 cups heavy cream
    Salt and pepper
    Directions

Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender. Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set. Cut into 8 wedges.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/spinach-and-bacon-quiche-recipe.html?oc=linkback

I also use this recipe only I use 2% milk instead of cream. Delish!
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options

Ingredients
    6 large eggs, beaten
    1 1/2 cups heavy cream
    Salt and pepper
    Directions

I also use this recipe only I use 2% milk instead of cream. Delish!
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can cut calories by using a pizza base mix or filo pastry instead of shortcrust.
  • MichelleV1990
    MichelleV1990 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Do you both like Reuben Sandwiches? If so, I have a Reuben Quiche recipe to share.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I make crustless spinach quiche from allrecipies.com once a week.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options

I make that one all the time too! I add all kinds of veg and sometimes ham. It freezes really well!
  • DollyPocket
    Options
    Do you both like Reuben Sandwiches? If so, I have a Reuben Quiche recipe to share.

Cant say I've ever heard of Reuben sandwiches.. sounds interesting though please share! :)
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give this a try, it sounds yummy.
  • MichelleV1990
    Options
    [:smile: ]

Cant say I've ever heard of Reuben sandwiches.. sounds interesting though please share! :)
    [/quote]

A Reuben is made with corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese on toasted rye bread with Thousand Island dressing. They're scrumptious! Not good for dieting, but we all need to treat ourselves once in awhile. If this still sounds good to you, I'll be sure to get you the recipe for the quiche. :smile:
  • DollyPocket
    Options
    [:smile: ]

A Reuben is made with corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese on toasted rye bread with Thousand Island dressing. They're scrumptious! Not good for dieting, but we all need to treat ourselves once in awhile. If this still sounds good to you, I'll be sure to get you the recipe for the quiche. :smile:
    [/quote]

This defiantly does sound good!! :) yes please!
  • Fitnessbeckii
    Options
    Make the base in filo pastry, and use a lower fatter stronger tasting cheese, fill your quiche with the good stuff them mushrooms and tomato's and chicken low fat butchers trimes ham/bacon and remove all the fat out of it and stuff :) and use lean meat :) should win his heart over, use his favourite flavours you could always have a bash at mini different flavours. also filo pastry is thin so it has to be layered asif your making a fruit parfay case :)
  • MichelleV1990
    Options
    Sorry it took so long...I loaned my book to my mother-in-law, and just picked it up.

Quick Reuben Quiche

1 nine inch frozen pie shell
    2/3 cup chopped corned beef
    1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
    1 C. shredded Swiss cheese
    3 eggs
    1 cup evaporated milk
    1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

Heat oven to 375 degrees and place a cookie sheet on middle rack. Spread chopped corned beef on bottom of pie shell. Top with sauerkraut and Swiss cheese. Beat eggs with milk and mustard. Pour into pie shell and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until filling is nicely browned. Serves 3-4

Hope you and your man enjoy it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I love quiches. Especially with the crust. But yeah... hello calories.

If you want to make your own, I loved this one http://www.katheats.com/vegetable-quiche-with-homemade-crust (I just did the crust from there and made my own filling).

My favorite combination is ham, bacon, swiss, onions, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk and 200g of egg whites (would be awesome with heavy cream and just eggs, but yeah. With the crust above it was already over 600 calories for 1/4 of the quiche).

Broccoli, ham, cheddar, onions is great (with my usual 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk and 200g of egg whites)
    Peppers, onions, sausage (same eggs/egg whites/milk)
    Spinach, feta, onions - I like this better with just egg whites
    Spinach, goat cheese, smoked salmon - same, I like it better with just egg whites

I did spinach, tomatoes and mozzarella once but it was a bit soggy. I still have issues getting veggies dry enough, especially tomatoes.
  • heidimmto
    heidimmto Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love quiche!!! The other day a friend told me they were serving it in the line and I mindlessly walked there and got me a piece. I almost choke on it whe I saw it had more than 750 lovely calories. Are there any low calorie alternatives, I don't like the crust just the delicious filling!