Blowing Smoke

I just posted this on our 100 lb challenge. But I guess I feel I have to fess up... so here goes.

Well I must say ladies and gents, I have been SUPER P*SSED OFF, lol. I haven't been dropping any pounds at all. Matter of fact I keep bouncing between 299 & 300. But, I know I'm eatting properly and I'm exercising so I'm not giving up.Let me tell you what I did though... confession time.

I am a self sabotager. I know I am , I have always been and I fight not to be everyday. So my plan yesterday was. I haven't dropped a pound and if I log on MFP everyone is just gonna tell me Im losing inches instead of lbs. and I just don't wanna hear that crap. So I decided to prove to myself that I wasn't losing inches or pounds and to give myself and excuse to pig out, and I would have... I've done it many times before. So I pulled out my favorite Capris that I havent been able to wear in over a year. And I recieved a shock... they actually fit... I can button them ....and still breathe.

So, I will appologize to all the MFPers, I didnt really think you were blowing smoke, but my brain does like to trick me. So I continue on , and wait for the numbers to drop. Good Luck everyone!

Replies

• BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    I just posted this on our 100 lb challenge. But I guess I feel I have to fess up... so here goes.

Well I must say ladies and gents, I have been SUPER P*SSED OFF, lol. I haven't been dropping any pounds at all. Matter of fact I keep bouncing between 299 & 300. But, I know I'm eatting properly and I'm exercising so I'm not giving up.Let me tell you what I did though... confession time.

I am a self sabotager. I know I am , I have always been and I fight not to be everyday. So my plan yesterday was. I haven't dropped a pound and if I log on MFP everyone is just gonna tell me Im losing inches instead of lbs. and I just don't wanna hear that crap. So I decided to prove to myself that I wasn't losing inches or pounds and to give myself and excuse to pig out, and I would have... I've done it many times before. So I pulled out my favorite Capris that I havent been able to wear in over a year. And I recieved a shock... they actually fit... I can button them ....and still breathe.

So, I will appologize to all the MFPers, I didnt really think you were blowing smoke, but my brain does like to trick me. So I continue on , and wait for the numbers to drop. Good Luck everyone!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Keep going. The only way to make it to the finish line is to keep going. You can and will do it.

I know you don't want to hear about losing inches, but it is an important thing to understand. Weight is composed of numerous factors. Glycogen can make up 2-4 pounds of your bodyweight. If you drink a gallon of water that can add 8 pounds instantly. Have a big meal last night? Well, unless you pooped or pee'd that is still inside of you. Not to mention if you're exercising you're most likely building muscle, which weighs more than fat.

Even more, if your body is used to being underfed (as was my case) it takes a long time for it to realize 'hey, you're not starving me anymore! I better start working correctly!" Until it switches into regular gear, your body will store it as fat.
  • valgreg38
    valgreg38 Posts: 17
    I hear ya on the inches thing, but it is true! I have only lost 2 pounds in last couple of weeks, was getting pretty fustrated, but below and behold, wow the inches!! its amazing, I do measure myself evry 3 weeks or so , but like you nothing tells you better that fitting into something that just didn't quite fit before, we are so geered into the scale always about the numbers, its hard to break, we all want to just see those go down down down, and have to get itnto are heads there is more than just the weight!
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    woohoo for fitting into those capris!!! that is a wonderful victory and there will be many more to come! keep up all of your hard work!!!!!!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Whoop, whoop!!!

I'm so glad to hear about those capris!! Keep it up and you're gonna see those pounds coming off. Not to be indelicate, but during my TOM I always gain, or if I do manage to lose, my scale doesn't show it as a loss. BUT the week after is great! I hope that your scale shows your loss. You are obviously STILL doing a great job!:flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    :flowerforyou: Congrats!!

I'm a self-sabotager.....That's why I have been spending so much time on here in the forums. Listening to you guys and gals work through your issues and give advice helps me to mend that problem of reaching for food everytime things aren't going my way.

So the next time something seems to be impossible, check out what others are doing to battle it instead of falling back on bad habits. It'll keep you moving forward! :bigsmile:

Congrats again!!
  • BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Thanks guys! I know in my mind and in my heart that inches do come off even when weight doesn't. I know it was a self sabotage attempt. Looking for a reason to cheat when there is none. I'm not really eatting any differently than before. Just More food daily , in smaller portions. My problem was not eatting enough , consistantly. And when i did decide to eat it was the wrong thing and all or nothing, go big or bust type meals. We've got this under control now right.... good.