Plateaued on my weigh in. F you Labor Day

Options
I bet all because of Labor Day weekend. I totally steered off course on Saturday and Sunday had a bunch of alcohol,taco bell, pizza and even ate when I was drunk, etc..I need to continue to stay on track and keep hitting the gym hard to get over this bump.

This is the first week I have not lost anything so trying not to get too discouraged and be proactive about it by identifying where I went wrong and the changes I need to make to continue to progress forward.

Replies

• Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You're right, you shouldn't get too discouraged. Just get back on track!
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Dude, no worries. Just get back on the plan and move forward. Don't beat yourself up about it.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    It wasn't because of Labor Day weekend ... it was because of your choices. Take ownership of your actions and stop blaming a date on a calendar.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. The holidays are always a great excuse to eat. Start planning now how your going to get thru the upcoming holidays while still enjoying them. Once you learn to enjoy the day and still stay on track you will be amazed at how easy it is. But don't stress over one day or one weekend. Sometimes it's good to let loose because sometimes you learn that that overfull feeling is something you don't miss at all.
  • sartezalb
    sartezalb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It wasn't because of Labor Day weekend ... it was because of your choices. Take ownership of your actions and stop blaming a date on a calendar.
    Don't beat yourself up on this. Yes, it was your choice to eat, but finding yourself in an "enabling environment," e.g., holidays, makes it a lot tougher to make the right choices.

What *will* help is planning ahead of time to deal with the inevitable temptation. My diet plan, for instance, will take me through Thanksgiving, so I'm already thinking of how I'll avoid disappointment: Should I exercise a lot more that day? Maybe I can fast until the family meal? Or maybe I can just eat at my BMR--sure, I won't lose any weight, but it's only a day's setback. The important thing is that you plan for a satisfactory (and realistic!) outcome and make an honest effort to make that happen.
    Sometimes it's good to let loose because sometimes you learn that that overfull feeling is something you don't miss at all.
    I wouldn't recommend doing this too much. :wink: But there is truth to it: sometimes bad experiences will let you become disgusted at old habits--then you're less likely to repeat them...
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Brian- read the second sentence of my my original post.
  • oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sometimes this is exactly what you need get all the cravings out of your system and move on better than ever. The important part is you keep the right mind set and keep on which sounds like exactly what your doing.
  • northbanu
    Options

Well in all fairness, I think it was TOTALLY Labor Day weekend's fault. It's bull**** how a couple days can get get a fancy name (Labor Day Weekend, Memorial Day Weekend, Mismatched Socks Weekend, ect...) and force their will upon us. I don't know how anyone could resists their evil Siren call. Beeeeeerrrrr.... Beeeeeerrr.... Haaaambuuuurgerrrrr. :-)

C'mon broham, he wasn't blaming anyone but himself. And honestly, it's not even that big of a deal.

Look, most of here have some pounds to lose, and use the forums to get some ideas, learn how other folks in our shoes aredoing it, and get some reassurance when maybe we doubt ourselves a little.

ALSO... Being hell bent to lose the pounds is awesome. I for one am the type of guy that basically obsesses about the calorie counts and eating plans. HOWEVER, I also have a social life. Going out occasionally with friends and knocking back a few drinks and eating like crap is part of how I enjoy my life. I just realize that it will stall my weight loss, I count on just not gaining any weight. And definitely not gaining more than 2 pounds or so. Then it's back to the plan, moving forward and losing the pounds.

I think it's important to remember that it took most of us many years to get to the point where we said to ourselves "Holy crap, this situation has gotten out of hand, I gotta drop some pounds if I want to go on enjoying life". Pausing the plan occasionally to socialize is just 3 or 4 days "lost". Compared to the thousands of days I was overweight, it's just a drop in the bucket.

Enjoy your occasional weekend "living large" and get back to the plan. No need to beat yourself up, or feel bad about it. Feeling bad about enjoying yourself is just dumb. Don't do it.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Brian- read the second sentence of my my original post you bone head.

You blame it on the a-a-a-ah-ah-alcohol?
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    This is the Motivation and Support area. Some people are confusing it with the Chastise and Finger-point area. :-)

To the OP: We're glad you're here.
  • myjding70
    Options
    Seeing "F you Labor Day" made me laugh ~ thank you!

But, I agree with the majority: Labor day came, it sounds like you had a great time, you're back on track now, no real harm done. :) It would be a problem if every day was Labor Day for you (which is an easy habit to get into, I know), but that's not the case.

I think the most important thing I have learned in 44 years is that you will never be successful by being unkind to yourself. Never. You need to be your own loudest and proudest cheerleader. :)
  • tony56pr
    tony56pr Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    First it happens don't get discouraged. Second weight not moving has more to do with sodium. Any and all food that you get pre-made (even some you wouldn't expect) has tons of salt. Salt stays for days and the lack of weight loss is likely from water (unless you went crazy with 1000's of calories). Taco bell or any Mexican, Chinese, french fries are the worst. Subway is bad with salt too believe it or not 6 inch tuna is lowest with 600 mg. Be aware of this and realize you still can be losing but water weight don't let you know.

At same time, avoid drinking If that causes you to steer off course and don't let yourself do often. 4-5 times in a year for me, but most was planned out no spur of the moment binges.
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Your second sentence reads " I totally steered off course on Saturday and Sunday had a bunch of alcohol,taco bell, pizza and even ate when I was drunk, etc." So you blame a holiday ... then go to say how you did so much of it was done while drunk which is further deflection ... then resort to name calling. The third sentence mentions how you have to get over the "bump" but noting about accepting responsibility for your behaviors over the holiday weekend. You can take responsibility, admit that you (not a holiday ... phase of the moon ... alcohol ... anything or anyone else) are the one making choices, and approach this like an adult. It's possible to overcome the occasional excuse. Excuse making and deflection of responsibility are much harder to overcome.

This is the Motivation and Support area. Some people are confusing it with the Chastise and Finger-point area. :-)
    Enabling excuse making is neither supportive nor motivational. The OP made decisions. It wasn't the holiday or alcohol putting food and drink into his mouth.
  • northbanu
    Options

Your second sentence reads "I totally steered off course on Saturday and Sunday had a bunch of alcohol,taco bell, pizza and even ate when I was drunk, etc." So you blame a holiday ... then go to say how you did so much of it was done while drunk which is further deflection ... then resort to name calling. The third sentence mentions how you have to get over the "bump" but noting about accepting responsibility for your behaviors over the holiday weekend. You can take responsibility, admit that you (not a holiday ... phase of the moon ... alcohol ... anything or anyone else) are the one making choices, and approach this like an adult. It's possible to overcome the occasional excuse. Excuse making and deflection of responsibility are much harder to overcome.

Enabling excuse making is neither supportive nor motivational. The OP made decisions. It wasn't the holiday or alcohol putting food and drink into his mouth.

brianpperkins-
    I'm totally biting on this troll. Dude, your being an *kitten*.

His post doesn't sound like someone dodging responsibility of his own actions.

His 2nd sentence starts "I totally steered off course...". See there, how he says HE steered, not the weekend steered.

Also, his last sentence reads "... so trying not to get too discouraged and be proactive about it by identifying where I went wrong and the changes I need to make to continue to progress forward.".

I don't know how you think this post deserves a dose tough love and the stark truth, but it doesn't. Some do, but in this case, I feel like your just being an *kitten*.

I'm sure you'll respond to this and I'll read it. But don't expect another response from me.
  • brianpperkins
    Options

Your second sentence reads " I totally steered off course on Saturday and Sunday had a bunch of alcohol,taco bell, pizza and even ate when I was drunk, etc." So you blame a holiday ... then go to say how you did so much of it was done while drunk which is further deflection ... then resort to name calling. The third sentence mentions how you have to get over the "bump" but noting about accepting responsibility for your behaviors over the holiday weekend. You can take responsibility, admit that you (not a holiday ... phase of the moon ... alcohol ... anything or anyone else) are the one making choices, and approach this like an adult. It's possible to overcome the occasional excuse. Excuse making and deflection of responsibility are much harder to overcome.

brianpperkins-
    I'm totally biting on this troll. Dude, your being an *kitten*.

His post doesn't sound like someone dodging responsibility of his own actions.

His 2nd sentence starts"I totally steered off course...". See there, how he says HE steered, not the weekend steered.

Also, his last sentence reads "... so trying not to get too discouraged and be proactive about it by identifying where I went wrong and the changes I need to make to continue to progress forward. "

I don't know how you think this post deserves a dose tough love and the stark truth, but it doesn't. Some do, but in this case, I feel like your just being an *kitten*.

I'm sure you'll respond to this and I'll read it. But don't expect another response from me.

You're wrong. He steered off course is a statement of fact, not acceptance of responsibility. The rest of the sentence goes on how it was done while drunk. Identifying where he went wrong is simple ... his decision making process. Rather than accept that, it's F the weekend, oh .. I was drunk, blah blah excuses. Your enabling and misrepresenting what he actually stated isn't support no matter how much you lie to yourself and say it is. Your own words betray that you know the reality ... "I don't know how you think this post deserves a dose tough love and the stark truth" ... the unnecessary adjectives aside (it is either the truth or not, referring to it as "stark" is not needed), your referring to it as the "truth" shows you know what he said fails to accept responsibility. Everyone deserves the truth in conversation. If you think people don't, that is an admission that you tolerate dishonesty.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Some people LMAO...oh well you will have one in every bunch. Dude you can't fix stupid so don't try. You know what you got to do, you knew it before you posted so good luck in your weight loss, don't let the bad days(and the bad people) bog you down.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Good for you for owning up to it. Log it and move on. It's a marathon, not a sprint.
  • brianpperkins
    Options
    Some people LMAO...oh well you will have one in every bunch. Dude you can't fix stupid so don't try. You know what you got to do, you knew it before you posted so good luck in your weight loss, don't let the bad days(and the bad people) bog you down.

That does explain why you're so broken. As even you pointed out earlier, the OP is an excuse. Excuses are not acceptance of responsibility unless that is yet another word in the English language you're redefining since it doesn't fit your needs.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    How to ignore (block posts from) any user: Click on the arrow next to their name, click Ignore.