Motivation

Options
So I've been working out 4-6x a week for at least an hour doing cardio and weights. I'm generally around 1400 calories except maybe one day on the weekend that depending may be as much as 2000 cal. I lost 10lbs pretty easy the first 6 weeks and then it just stopped for the next 6 weeks. I'd lose a pound then gain it back. Lose 3lbs gain them back. So I started p90x a week ago and I've been well under calories and this morning I weigh myself and I'm UP 1.2 lbs! WTH? I'm just starting to feel really discouraged. I know I just need to keep going and I'm getting stronger and fitter even if the scale won't move but really it's getting tough to stick it out. Sorry for sounding like I'm throwing a pity party. Just not a lot of people who get how frustrating it can be.

Replies

• alex51026
    Options
    Unfortunately that happens... I haven't lost any weight in the last 2 weeks, but I lost 5 pounds the week before that.... I guess we all reach a wall where our body is building muscle and not completely shedding fat.... Good luck!
  • jeorwa
    jeorwa Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Whenever I work out, at first I GAIN weight. For me it's not nessecarily muscle, but I retain water the day after a hard workout! Are you taking rest days? That always helps me!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Its possible you are eating too few calories. When you say you eat 1400 calories a day is that net? i.e. what you eat minus what you burn including exercise calories?

If you eat to few calories consistently your body will go start storing thus resulting in your weight gain.

Otherwise, just keep pushing through you can do it!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Our bodies can be so dang frustrating! When I first started doing cardio exercises hardcore I gained five pounds in a week. :noway: I was not a happy camper. The second I upped my calorie intake, I started loosing. Its like playing some sort of a game or experimenting to see what the right balance is for you and your body.

Take pride knowing that you have kept on keeping on even when your body has thrown you curve balls that are incredibly irritating! You can do this. P90x is awesome!!! You have got this!!! :o)
  • claire0928
    claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll try out your suggestions. I'll keep going but I'm not very happy about it right now! Great to have the MFP family to keep you going tho!