Weight loss plateau?? HELP!

Options
Hey guys!

Since June 21, 2014 I have lost almost 20 pounds, but I still have about 30-40 pounds I want to lose. These past 2 or 3 weeks, my weight has been fluctuating between a few pounds, but it's not going down!
I do about 90-100 minutes of cardio every day (around 1,000 calories burned) and I have been doing that for the last month and I try to stay within my 1,200 calorie limit every day, but I sometimes go over into my exercise calories.

Does anyone have experience in this or know what to do to break this plateau? These past few weeks of basically staying the same weight is really bumming me out :frown:

Any help is welcome! Thank you guys in advance :smile:

Replies

• caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    So you are eating only 1200 gross and exercising 100 mins a day? If this true, that's not necessary. I started at end of may and am approaching now 30 pounds lost. I updated ticker yesterday and now have to update it again. I walk the dogs 3-5 miles a day on top of my one hour cardio and eat between 14-1500. I have not yet experienced a plateau. Steady 2 pounds a week. Are you weighing your food? Of course your diary isn't open, so what you are actually eating we wouldn't know and its hard to help you without that info
  • Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    The only reason I can think of is that you are eating more than you think you are. I recommend getting a food scale if you don't already and start weighing!
  • curryandlove
    curryandlove Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I updated my diary settings so you can check it out if you want. I haven't really updated it in a few days cause I was discouraged :( sorry
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You're not eating enough and/or you are eating more than you actually think you are eating. So you may log 1200 but could be eating 1500, which with you over-exercising means you're not eating enough.

And you're not even logging accurately. Either some days you are waaaaaay undereating, or you are just not logging most of what you eat. Some days you log nothing.

So it's likely that you're inconsistent with your intake. Calculate your TDEE from a few websites (I have my fave links on my profile - I'd go wtih exrx.net or scoobys), subtract 20% from it, and compare that to how much you eat on a typical exercise day where you've logged exercise cals. If it's similar, then either eat 100 cals fewer or eat the amount ofr a month just to see what happens, and log every day. If you are way under (which you probably are) then consider "reverse dieting" up to that new deficit. Which means logging daily.

Basically you need to log properly.
  • curryandlove
    curryandlove Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yeah I haven't logged much lately cause I was discouraged about not losing any weight and I did eat a bit more than I would normally this week.
    I'm using the TDEE calculator to see how much I should be eating. Thanks a lot :)