P90x people...mom's in general

Options
I am contemplating jumping on the P90x band wagon. I'm nervous at the length of the videos though. I'm mom to 4 kids, and work outside the home. I just really want to hear from the moms who have done it...

I do have Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, Turbo Jam, and am now contemplating P90x...but I'm scared :)

Replies

• LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    bump...I'm considering it after the holidays but I'm concerned with the time and amount of days. I have two kids and work out side the home too.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    It's a great program! I do agree though, the time thing is an issue when you have kids, I have two.

I like ChaLean Extreme as well.
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have P90X and two small children...it is so hard being able to work it into my already tight schedule. I have re-started this program about 5 times now.....the best thing to do is get up EARLY, before the kids wake up and get your workout in. I just have too many things to do in the evenings.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I have two daughters that are in middle school. My husband and I have been getting up every morning before we go to work to do either P90X and Insanity workouts. My alarm goes off at 4:20am on my cell, I hit snooze, it goes off again at 4:30am, and we get up. We start our workout at 5am. During that time we pause to wake up our daughters to get ready for school. They have to be driven to school, since it is 30 minutes away. The workouts are usually an hour, however the ab exercise is added on a couple of days a week and that's an additional 16 minutes. Sometimes we get that ab workout in, sometimes we don't. I also go to the gym a couple of days a week to jog on the treadmill. P90X is a great program. Feel free to look at my profile pics. The really depressing pic was at 273 lbs., before P90X. I'm off to work now.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm not a mom but I've done it twice already. As you do it and get familiar with the exercises, you don't have to wait for the dvd to finish the exercise or listen to tony talk. You can skip to the next exercise. I do this and it cuts a good 10 minutes from the workout time.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    Options
    I am a mom of two little one 3 and 1 I work a full time job and drive 45 mins one way to work. When I decided to start the program it was hard finding the time to do it but I figure it out. At first I started working out in the AM but I am not a morning person and that quickly went out the window. My next option was working out at night after the kids and the hubby went to bed and believe it or not that was worked out for me. I start working out between 9:30 and 10:00 pm at night by the time I am done, shower and into bed is almost midnight. I have to get up between 5:30 and 6:00am to get ready for work. I will be honest at first it was not easy working out that late I would fight with my self to exercise and not go to bed. But than it became a routine I needed to work out, once I started to see the pounds come off it motivated me to keep working out.

If you really want it you can do it, is all a mind game you have to motivate yourself to put in the CD and press play. One thing I do is once I get home I change into my workout clothe so that way I do not have an excuse. Good luck
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    :wink: morning!! I found the best time for me to do it, and so I could focus on it completly was at 5:00a.m.!! I don't work, but I do have to take care of the house and my kids which is allot of work! It's like everything, it will take some time to get use to it, but soon it will be a routine! And like a previous poster said, once you learn the videos you can go through it a little faster, I found I have before cause I am ready and Tony is still talking! Go for it!!:bigsmile:
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    I do not have any children so my only advice is to get familiar with the exercises first and that period when tony is talking fast forward a little bit. I do that now but that is just because I am impatient and I want to get my workout done without long pauses. Like the one lady said, it will cut out about 10 minutes or so.