Better for Baby

Options
Hey Everyone!

This is my second time with MyFitnessPal and I've been trying to get into a diet/excercise routine since August and finally remembered this wonderful tool!

My goals are to make myself as physically and mentally healthy as one can be for pregnancy. My husband and I are going to begin TTC in February and I know that my body will carry the sole repsonsibility of growing a healthy baby and its up to me to make sure that it is fit, balanced, and well nurished. I also hope to run a 5k marathon in the Spring benefiting the Heart and Lung Association and will be training with the Couch to 5K program.

I'm not following any structured diet, simply trying to maintain a diet that is balanced across the food pyramid and contains all the nutrients, minerals, and vitamins that are necessary.

I would love to meet and talk with anyone out there who is also making room for baby!

Thanks!

May0501

Replies

• ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    We're hoping to TTC #3 next winter. I am determined to not break 200 lbs while pregnant, since I was 266 after the delivery of both girls actually. It's a lot of responsibiltiy, and so much easier on our bodies if we start fit!

Good luck to you!
  • lindsey326
    Options
    We too are TTC this coming Feb. I am dropping some weight to assist in better health for me and for baby to be. My husband is also dropping a few pounds, but not using MyFitnessPal, he's just eating what I cook... (haha so in essence it is being logged...) But I'd love to be a support and a cheerleader for you. I am also a runner. I've been running for over a year, and have run in 4 races this year, and have a bunch more planned for 2011. I am even assisting in planning a run at work to help end hunger in our community. (I work at one of the local Food Banks in Virginia). We are also participating in the Pound4Pound Challenge where all pounds pledged and lost between january 1, 2011 and May 2011, a pound of food is donated to the Food bank to help in the increase food crisis for people in our communities.

But enough about all that... I would love to be a support!

best wishes and happy running.
    Lindsey
  • May0501
    Options
    Thank you so much Lindsey and Ashley for the kind words and support!

Lindsey, is there anyway that people outside of your community can make pledges for the cause?