What can I do

Options
So I'm confused...

I started this watching calorie thing back in March and I was 228 lbs. I've watched my calories set to losing a lb a week so that's 500 less calories a day the app has me eating. I walk 5.5 miles every day. I weigh myself 1 time a week.

3 weeks ago 195.8
2 weeks ago 196.2
1 week ago 196.5
I cheated and weighed myself 2 days earlier but today I weighed 196.3

So this is what I'm seeing that's not making sense.

App says I should be eating 2310 calories a day to maintain.

To lose 1 lb a week it says 1810. I haven't changed my diet when I've lost my first 30 lbs so... I eat about 1500 calories a day.

Now the walking the Map my walk app says I burn about 500+ calories when I walk my 5.5 miles every day. Yes I know they aren't accurate but with the fact that I'm still not eating my full 1810 calories I don't get picky about the calories based on the app vs anything else..

So... why is it the past 3 weeks I haven't dropped any weight?

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Because our bodies are funny that way and weight loss is in no way linear. Keep going and maybe try drinking more water seems to help.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Be patient. You are making great progress.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plateau caused by a slowing metabolism. They can last from days to a few weeks. Stick it out.

One way that I think may shake a plateau (by confusing your metabolism) is to add and subtract about 500 calories on alternate days. That's a 1,000 calorie swing: If you're going for 1810, do 1310 one day, 2310 the next, 1310 the next, 2310 the next and so on. You can shake it up on the exercise side too (or instead) -- walk 3.5 miles one day, then 7.5 miles on the next one, and so on. The purpose is to convince the metabolism not to adjust to a slower rate.

I say 'may' because I haven't seen the science behind it. I myself have only tried it once to shake loose from a 9-day plateau.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    PS: Are you measuring inches at all? That's another way to see progress when the scale won't move. Do those measurements every two weeks.
  • michbb4
    Options
    Thanks for the tips.

I'm not really measuring much at all. I know I've dropped from a 38 size pants down to 34. I've heard someone mention that I should try going off my diet for a week because my body has come accustomed to the diet but my problem with that is I am very afraid of not getting back on it.
  • Ace_Of_Hearts44
    Options
    No disrespect but it's not a sales pitch I don't care who ppl order from it actually worked for me. I can understand why you would think that way though.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    It's either water retention or you're eating more than you think.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    No disrespect but it's not a sales pitch I don't care who ppl order from it actually worked for me. I can understand why you would think that way though.

When 4 of your 5 posts in the forums are literally cut and pasted word for word, then yes it's a sales pitch plain and simple.