Thinking yourself Skinny

Options
Mrsjenningsjr
Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
It has been said that the way you think affects how you feel, which affects your behaviors. So instead of focusing on the less-appealing aspects of weight loss like eating less, look forward to its benefits, and your positive thinking will likely inspire you to make changes.

What is your opinion on this? Have you tried it and has it worked for you? I'm looking to share tested & successful theories in my group.

Replies

• QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I do think this works! I have done that a few times, I feel I have more confidence, etc. but for me is kind of hard to maintain that mindset.
  • EmilyPersephone
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in positive thinking. It's not easy, and it takes willpower, but forcing myself into a positive attitude has made a huge difference in whether or not I succeed.

15158058091_ac3632a3e5.jpg
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It's ALL in your head. Once you get your mindset right, success is not just possible...it's inevitable.
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @QAPmom...your thoughts are exactly what I trying to address for myself & others I know. We have all quit and re-started and quit and re-started something in life. It would be nice to know the one thing (or few things) that keeps our mindset focused and not have it lapse.

Besides the obvious - matter of life and death; I think for men & women its a new relationship or a new attraction (person).

thoughts???
  • EmilyPersephone
    Options
    The things that keep me focused tend to change frequently, but attraction is definitly one that has been reoccuring. Also the idea of feeling more comfortable around my group of friends (Many of which are quite active, fit, and healthy) drives me towards bettering my health and staying determined.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    It's ALL in your head. Once you get your mindset right, success is not just possible...it's inevitable.

+1