Pizza Assistance, Please!

Options
Hi pals,

I've got a major love for pizza and have been replacing my lust for the food with lean cuisine pizza items. I'd really like to cut more of the chemical-y junk and sodium out of my day and to cut down on costs, so I'm looking for a homemade recipe that can be easily frozen to replace lean cuisine... kinda like a DIY lean cuisine pizza.

Seriously, if somebody has a recipe that works great and comes in around 350 calories, I'll post it on pinterest and we can watch that magic go viral.

Replies

• Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't have any recipes myself, but try allrecipes.com!!
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    i melt fat-free cheese on ricecakes in the oven, and top it with slicked jalapeños. It's not as good as pizza but its less than 100 calories.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    You should be able to get a regular slice of quality pizza in around 350 calories if you go with something like simple margherita. Just make a small regular pizza and be careful with the toppings.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I microwave spinach and tomato sauce until the spinach is wilted and the sauce is hot, then top it with cheese and rezap another minute. Gooey, quick, delicious.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I use pitas, spaghetti sauce (the chunky kind), olives, tomatoes (cherry), mozzarella, sometimes pepperoni, and if I'm feeling fancy, pesto. Top it off with a tiny bit of crushed red pepper and oregano, and you've got yourself a pizza. I weigh everything out, and it generally comes out to 350-400 calories, and it is incredibly filling.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Oh shoot, I was hoping you wanted assistance eating a pizza...
  • awr1i6
    awr1i6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I made an amazing cauliflower crust pizza last night it was soooo good I don't think I'll want take out pizza again! If your interested I will post the recipe
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    i melt fat-free cheese on ricecakes in the oven, and top it with slicked jalapeños. It's not as good as pizza but its less than 100 calories.

This is just sadness, except for jalepenos.
  • KickboxDiva
    KickboxDiva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This was my lunch pizza for today. Try Josephs Pita or FlatOut Brand for high fiber low calorie and spray the bottom with spray oil so it will crisp when you bake it in the oven. Use low fat meats and measure your cheese in grams to be exact. I needed high protein so I added chicken too.

Flatout - Multigrain, 1 flatbread 100 17 3 9 8 1
    Priano - Aldis tomato sauce, 1/4 cup 35 6 1 1 1 4
    Sargento - Mozzarella Shredded 1/4 cup 80 2 5 7 0 0
    Amour - Turkey Pepperoni, low fat 12 slices 53 1 3 7 0 0
    Shredded - Parmesan -, 1/8 cup 55 1 4 5 0 0
    Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Crumbles (60% Less Fat), 0.5 cup (57g) 90 2 5 10 0 1
    Archer Farms - Natural Stir Fry Chicken Strips, 3 oz 100 1 1 21 0 0
    Parmesan Cheese* - Kraft 100%, 2 tsp (5 g) 20 0 2 2 0 0

533calories 30carbs 24 fat 62pt 9 fiber 6 sugar
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Pillsbury gluten free pizza crust. Topped with whatever you like. Make the pizza in a rectangular pan and cut it into four slices. East one now, freeze three. :)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

bWVCnqt.gif
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Rice cakes? Cauliflower?? Should never be mentioned in the same sentence as pizza.

OP if you like pizza fit 1-2 slices make it fit into your day.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMvc9PzA0rwkkLLjO1S2CzIj-s95Ic7pKY-T_ISPX3uad-AzLu

pizzaslice.jpg
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Eat real pizza!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options

I weep for your taste buds.

OP, I think if you got some dough and split it into 4 balls and then roll it out into 4 separate rounds, you could make individual pizzas and freeze them. I'd freeze uncooked tho. So it'd be more like a Dijornos pizza than lean cuisne since those are partically cooked. I wouldn't freeze it cooked because I dont think the dough would come out right... but I could be wrong
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I will continue eating real pizza and just trying to be mindful. That said, I love cauliflower and am real curious. Can we have that recipe?
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Make your own and freeze it. If you aren't comfortable making your own dough, you can buy it refrigerated. You can build your recipe on MFP. My home made pizza comes out to 292 calories per slice (1/8 of a pie), and that's with mozz and ricotta. A tip for reheating--thaw in the microwave, and then heat in a cast iron pan or a griddle to get the bottom crust nice and crispy.
  • stevenlcopeland
    stevenlcopeland Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Pizza is not poison. Eating the whole pizza is. Just eat the slice of pizza, stand up, and walk away from the table.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Pizza is not poison. Eating the whole pizza is. Just eat the slice of pizza, stand up, and walk away from the table.

Or 2 or 3 slices... then after enjoying them, walk away... and burn those calories off. :bigsmile:
    But first, enjoy it. Really.
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You guys, I eat real pizza and am not saying it's evil. You're just underestimating my love for pizza... I could eat it every single day.