Another HRM post!

Options
OK so I am sure there are postings all over the place on this subject but here is another one : )

I am looking for a HRM. I intended on getting the nike+ HRM but come to find out it doesn't work with the phone app which uses GPS yet. So I am torn between using my regular nike+ and not getting the GPS features or just getting a seperate HRM. So here are a couple of questions I have for everyone out there using a HRM that they love!

1. Anyone have the nike+ HRM? And what do you think of it?
2. What HRM do you have and what features do you love about it?
3. Anybody swim with a HRM?

Maybe if I can figure out which one I want I will buy myself one for Christmas! : ) Thanks for your input!

Replies

• CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the Polar FT80 and it should arrive today. I looked into swimming with a HRM and the results weren't very good. Most HRMs (even when water resistent) have trouble with both the heart rate feature and the GPS feature when submerged. It has to do with the water making the signal harder to receive. Anyway, I wanted this feature, but essentially gave up on it.

Best of luck!!!

--Carter
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Let me know what you think of it. I am wondering if they don't work for swimming laps but might work for water aerobics. I am always asked about how many calories you burn in Aqua class and I would really like to be able to monitor my heart rate etc so that I can create better more challenging classes.

I am really disappointed about the Nike+ not working with the phone, but I am going to guess that I would be limiting myself if i were to purchase that one. Oh well.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Water aerobics might work better than swimming depending on how much of your body is out of the water. It might be that if your chest and forearm are out the water, then they might work ok. Of course, I am fairly ignorant of water aerobics so you might spend more time submerged than I am imagining.

Good luck with it. I just did the set up for the FT80 and like it pretty well so far. Going to take it out for a test run tonight or at least 30 minutes on the eliptical.

--Carter