I DID IT!

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
I finally got off my butt, got up an hour early, and did 20 minutes of interval training this morning. Nothing big, but its a start. I feel freaking AWESOME even though my calves are a little sore. I'm so proud.. I used to be gasping for breath after a quarter mile of jogging... going on and off I made it about 3/4ths of a mile without really stressing myself too badly. I'm going to pick up some running shoes this afternoon. Next stop, a half hour. Then next week I'm going to switch up the intervals.

Running outside is way more enjoyable than watching an exercise video, or running in place. I'm amazed that the running in place really has seemed to help my endurance though. 5k here I come :laugh:

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    I finally got off my butt, got up an hour early, and did 20 minutes of interval training this morning. Nothing big, but its a start. I feel freaking AWESOME even though my calves are a little sore. I'm so proud.. I used to be gasping for breath after a quarter mile of jogging... going on and off I made it about 3/4ths of a mile without really stressing myself too badly. I'm going to pick up some running shoes this afternoon. Next stop, a half hour. Then next week I'm going to switch up the intervals.

Running outside is way more enjoyable than watching an exercise video, or running in place. I'm amazed that the running in place really has seemed to help my endurance though. 5k here I come :laugh:
  • desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    WOOT WOOT!!! Thats awesome... Congrats... And I hope your awesome feeling stays with you all day to motivate you to do it again tomorrow. Keep up the good work...
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!! Don't you feel great!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! I'm in the same boat, got off my duff yesterday. It's such a feeling of accomplishment isn't it????:bigsmile:

Keep it up:flowerforyou:
  • msarro
    Options
    Considering I've always detested running (not the actual activity, just being really bad at it), I'm amazed I could make it so long. I even threw in a couple 2 minute intervals because one minute seemed almost too easy. I don't wanna stress it too much because I'd like to make running a daily thing. Just hoping I can convince myself to go to bed early enough that I can get up at 6:30 again. I forgot they made hours that early in the day :happy:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You rock! Keep up the great work!!!