Getting a bit fed up of the snow now!

Options
I don't know how you guys cope with proper snow but in the UK we don't handle it well, this was my view from the back door this morning.

617332b5.jpg

Replies

• mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    you need mountains and hills to snowboard, ski, and go sledding down!
    that makes snow worthwhile!

i find it hilarious that everyone's getting intense snow, but here in Canada (well in the Greater Toronto Area) the snow hasn't been so bad!
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I lived in South Warwickshire for seven years (from 2000 to 2007) and we never had snow like that! We're now living in Colorado and we're still waiting for our first storm of the season -- go figure!
  • hadl0032
    hadl0032 Posts: 117
    Options
    All I gotta say is come to MINNESOTA.......hahahaha.....You wouldnt believe what you see....or feel for that matter....the temps have been really damn cold. Happy Holidays!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Washington state here. We started getting snow a few days before Thanksgiving... and after several days we had about 25 inches, however, that does not include the huge drifts. I shoveled for 2 days right in front of my garage ( 2 1/2 foot drift) just so I could get my vehicle out. I couldn't go anywhere for about 4 days until the snowplow finally had time to plow my street, they were busy working on the main roads. That snow melted about a week ago. But we have gotten more snow... only a couple of inches this time... much more manageable. About 2 years ago they closed the shopping mall because of snow. They ran out of places to put in and some roofs were collapsing... that is the first time I can ever remember that happening. Good luck on coping with the snow!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    LOL, I live in the U.S. in Vermont, and I am sick of it too and I feel your pain! It has snowed here every day for a month. Even though we are used to snow, it still interferes with the commute because people get into accidents and cause traffic jams. SIGH. The worst is yet to come!
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Usually by the time we work out how to deal with the snow.. it's gone. This year cos its been going on for 3 weeks (ish) no-one's got a clue! The Americans would be outside shovelling - the Brits sit inside and wait for it to melt :laugh:
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    STILL no snow in Colorado :grumble: I miss my snow!!! :sad:
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Lol, oh dear. I'm living in Berkshire and we've got it too, but I have to say, it's much better than the several feet of snow we have all through January and February in Ohio. It will go away eventually, but until then, your only relief will be throwing snowballs back at the kids who stand in the street and throw them at cars or joggers. :grumble: I mean, you can't really kick someone else's kid, can you? Anyway, you will survive, at least we have such a fantastic summer to look forward to. :wink:
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    LOL if I waited for it to melt I wouldn't go outside until May..... Hmmmmmm......... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options

I'm so with you!! All this snow in the mountains, but the Denver area -- NOTHING!!!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

I'm so with you!! All this snow in the mountains, but the Denver area -- NOTHING!!!

Oh, do I long for some snow!! Winter here is so ugly without it. :frown: At least the mountains are getting pounded. I can't wait for some world class snowshoeing soon.

Beautiful picture by the way. I would LOVE to look out my window and see that.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options

Same in Connecticut... what the heck?!?! :ohwell: