Kettleworx Experience

Options
I had said in a previous post that I would give my review of the Kettleworx DVDs. Since I'm recovering from being sick, I have some time to sit long enough to write.

To begin, I ordered the Kettleworx system because I have been doing Zumba religiously since mid-August and wanted to find a simple way to include some strength training. I thought kettlebells were the thing for me because the only equipment needed is a kettlebell and a DVD.

I started with a 5 lb. kettlebell. The system is broken up into three parts: Cardio, Core, and Resistance. Then you have different weekly levels of each. There is also an introduction part that was good to start with. There are bonus DVDs, too. I have completed the six weeks program and now I'm continuing the 6th week of each and adding some of the bonus parts.

I have to say that starting this workout was fun, but challenging (at least for me, I'm not a weight lifter). After 20 minutes I was sweating as much as I do in 40-50 minutes of Zumba. I also had to modify a few moves due to my back and knee issues. As long as I did that, I was fine.

After about three weeks of adding Kettleworx, people who see me every day were walking up to me asking, "HOW much WEIGHT have you LOST?!?" I hadn't lost any more than when I was doing only Zumba. Adding this program just made me toned in different ways and evidently it was easily seen by others.

I have to say that I have enjoyed the Kettleworx, it is pretty easy, not boring, and I can see myself doing this for a long time because I can move on to bigger weights. I feel like I'm ready to go to a 7-8 lb. kettlebell after the New Year.

The biggest change I've seen is in my legs, waist, and core. The Abs. workouts are really helpful. Surprisingly, I haven't seen much change in my arms, but I think that will come as I add weight.

For the cost of the program I think this is a good strength training choice for those people who can't go to a gym, have limited resources and limited time. I fit all three of those, and so far it is working out for me.

Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. Do you have any pics of the results? Im thinking of trying this when I finish p90x and alternating between the two
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Bump!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. Do you have any pics of the results? Im thinking of trying this when I finish p90x and alternating between the two

I'm not one to post pictures on a website - maybe when I gain a little more confidence. Thanks for asking though! :smile:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options

I'm not one to post pictures on a website - maybe when I gain a little more confidence. Thanks for asking though! :smile:

aww dont be shy, you should be proud of whatever progress you made
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I think that one thing about kettlebells that most people miss is based upon the way they are used, 5lb kettlebell isn't a 5lb dumbell. I use a 20 and 25lb kettlebell for my routines. The only think I can't do well in great form is the russian get up with the kettlebell over my head. Not sure if that is part of the kettleworks program or not. I don't have my book with me - but the 20lb is about equal by way of use to a 7lb dumbbell.

I'm doing P90X and do still use my kettlebells for some of the routines, as well as some extra work on ab ripper x days because I really like my kettlebell routines.

You can probably go with a heavier weight than you though you could to begin with. I'm upgrading to a 30 after the first of the year.