30lb lost in 8 months, now 170lb and a happy man

Options
I dipped below 170lb on Tuesday, thus lost more than 30lb so far. I started in mid April using the iPhone app. I was about 200lb+. I figured out my own meal and exercise plans. Nothing too hard at all. I still mostly eat my regular food but strictly controlling portions and exercise 2-3 times a week. My weight dropped steadily from 200lb to now 170lb. I far exceeded my initial goal of losing 20lb this year. It's a great Christmas gift to my self!

Replies

• pursuinghappiness
    Options
    congrats!
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    congratulations!

but may i just rant for a bit and say how unfair it is that men lose weight faster than women? its been over a year and i'm still at 25. granted i've had my ups and downs but still!

ok sorry rant over.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
  • mr_ashley
    Options
    Congrats to wangiik on a job well done. I'm shooting for 20lbs by April 1. That's plenty of time, but it's more than I've ever done.

And nolachick: don't sweat how quick some guys lose it. All of us don't lose it so easily. But you look great, so what are you worrying about anyway ;D!!!
  • wangiik
    wangiik Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you all!

Nolachick, I think no sex difference on lossing weight as long as you find a way that works for you and your body. Then stick to it! There are small things that I learned along the way. They become rules that I religiously use in my daily life. They aren't hard. For instance, I weigh myself before supper so I know how much I can afford to eat. Small things but very effective.

Good luck!