OBESE

Harris_C
Harris_C Posts: 48 Member
edited September 22 in Success Stories
Today I am 22 pounds lighter than when I started on MFP and no longer considered "obese." Who knew one could be so happy being considered "overweight!" I am down 68 pounds from my all time heaviest weight (that I'm aware of) as well. The last 32 pounds or so seem completely do-able now :)

I originally set my first goal as being 185 pounds or a size 14 by Christmas. I'm 5 pounds away from 185, but size 14s fit! I can wear the stretchy, over the belly button Mom jeans with no problem, but the mid-rise Levi's give me awful muffin top and since I can't very well walk around all day sucking in those will have to wait.

I've purchased two size large jackets in the past week....mainly because I could zip them up and not look like a sausage.

I had a $10 gift card to Victoria's Secret and purchased two pairs of size large undies. A lot to pay for two pairs when I know I can get an entire pack from Wally World for much less, but hey, my *kitten* hasn't seen VS since circa 2002 :)

Merry Christmas to me!!!

Replies

• neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Congrats!!!!! So happy for you!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Congratulations and Merry Christmas to you!!!
  • Congrats! Spend some money on those panties girl- you earned it!
  • Harris_C
    Thanks so much!
  • billylindsay
    billylindsay Posts: 102 Member
    Glad to hear yr in good spirits. Keep up the good work
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    VS???!!! NICE! You go! Merry Christmas to you and you are doing awesome!
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS & MERRY CHRISTMAS GIRL!!!
    You earned those undies...skrew the price :happy:
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 581 Member
    That is awesome! Congratulations and keep up the excellent work. It made me smile when I read about the VS panties -- way to go!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Yay! This is GREAT! Keep up your hard work! :flowerforyou:
  • Harris_C
    Thanks everybody! I was actually in that store before I started with MFP and it was so depressing to be in there with a skinny friend and know that absolutely nothing in that store would fit me.

I'll never forget....a few years ago (well into the 200s) I was at the mall and decided to pop into VS to find out what my bra size really was. The clerk measured me and said that I was a 42DD. Before I could even think about asking if they carry that size she smirked and said "we don't sell plus sizes here....try Lane Bryant...they carry bras for heavier ladies."

Sometimes its hard to do this day after day, but I always try to think about all the little victories.....any maybe one day having a Julia Roberts/Pretty Woman moment with that catty VS girl :)
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,075 Member
    I am sooooo happy for you! What a victory!!! Work those panties girl! The day I went from obese to overweight felt so awesome!!! I am inspired by your dedication and hard work!
  • maple_leafs_67
    maple_leafs_67 Posts: 2 Member
    Congrats! Way to go.
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Congrats!!!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Great job! A little VS can be a big motivator!!! Keep up the great work! ~Amy
  • Wow congrats on losing so much weight great job!!!!
  • Harris_C
    Thank you! It's a daily struggle for sure, but the payoff is huge. Knowing that I can come here for support is so valuable to me!!!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Congradulations! I, too, was excited to finally be considered overweight. It was a tearful moment. I am looking forward to my next award-winning moment, and that is when I am out of the overweight category.
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    It is funny how getting out of the obese BMI and being in the 'overweight' category makes you feel good. Keep up the great work!!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Oh awesome! I'm sure you are thrilled!!

Good job!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!