RUNKEEPER (phone app)

Options
Just wanted to tell you about runkeeper. It has been a great addition to my fitness needs over all. Its a GPS, cal tracker, activity tracker, mileage, and social network. You have to have it on your phone apps to use it and not all phones can get it but if you can its great to have and add. If you already got it leave your thoughts about it and also screen names so I can add you to my street team. This app can track you in the gym, running, biking, swimming, elliptical, and so much more. You can add your races and see who else is going to be running them or walking. Also it has a great live tracker where you let your friends track you live. It can link to your facebook or twitter. This app is well worth taking a look at if you can get it on your phone. I am just a user of it and like it this much.

Replies

• YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I've been meaning to check this site out and forgot about it. I just created a profile there. I'm RisaGanel. Looking forward to connecting on there!
    Risa
  • kuntrygurl
    Options
    i have all sorts of apps on mine... Hell, I even have Truth or Dare... :laugh:
  • Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Interesting...

I'been using iFitness and BodyFate for more than a year, but never a specialized app for runners. I'll give it a try.
  • sedric
    sedric Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I use this as well, awesome app!
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    How does it track you on the elliptical? I was using Endomondo when the weather was nice enough to walk. I will have to check out this app and see how it compares.

Always love app tips... thanks.

~Sheryl
  • kt2007
    kt2007 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    it just tracks your time on the machine than when your done it sends it to the site than all you have to do is edit it for the mileage and cals. It also keeps up with a total of cals burned since you joined. 112 Total Activities 266 Total mi 38,130 Total Calories It separates the activities also. running, walking, cycling, or any other event you should be doing. Also the cals from RK to MFP seem to be pretty close. I dont have a HRM yet to compare but I will soon.
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    I just checked Marketplace and Runkeeper is available on the Android mobile platform as well. I don't use it only because I was already using both MapMyRun and CardioTrainer which also do pretty much all the same things essentially.
  • kt2007
    Options
    that's cool I will look at them also. RK is my first fitness app and I love it but wouldn't ever think that theirs another one out there that could be just as good or better. I love my runkeeper!!!
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    <<going to give it a try RIGHTTTTTT now! I seen it but was wondering if it were any good. We shall see:)
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    it just tracks your time on the machine than when your done it sends it to the site than all you have to do is edit it for the mileage and cals. It also keeps up with a total of cals burned since you joined. 112 Total Activities 266 Total mi 38,130 Total Calories It separates the activities also. running, walking, cycling, or any other event you should be doing. Also the cals from RK to MFP seem to be pretty close. I dont have a HRM yet to compare but I will soon.
    Thanks for the info. I will have to check it out. I'm interested in something that tracks the mileage on the elliptical... seems like it would be the key for how hard you are working out, yet none of the programs ask.

~Sheryl
  • kt2007
    Options
    Ok just BUMPING this back up for ppl that might had missed it this afternoon. Check it out ppl its a great add for your work outs and cals burned.
  • kt2007
    Options
    OK my phone died last night but charging it up than out to the gym for a treadmill run and some elliptical. Will be heading out in a few but wanted to bump this up so someone else can see it.
  • kt2007
    Options
    So any one that got this app from me talking about it. What do you think about it?
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I used it for the first time yesterday and liked it. It seemed to be pretty accurate. I wasn't wearing my Garmin, so I couldn't compare. I'll keep using it and try out some of the features as I go along. I don't have the paid version. Do you? Is there a big difference?
  • kt2007
    Options
    Yes I do have the paid version. I like cause you get the person talking about what pace your on and how far you have gone and how much time your in on your activity. Also if your going to use it a bunch when you are a paid customer you get a discount on the running classes. Jeff Galloway does classes you pic your time and goal (mine Half Marathon 1hr 50min) he gives you the dates to work out and what to do and he coaches you threw them. its great. I really like it and for the amount I use it I feel like the paid version is well worth it. I love it. I use the droid app and I do know that the Iphone app has a bunch of updates but ppl seem to get by with it.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Checking this out now!! Thank you so much! :o)
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The app Buddy Runner has many options free that you have to pay Runskeeper for.
    I am running them both and testing ease of use and accuracy.
    I really like buddyrunners alert every 0.1 mile.
    You can set this to most any distance or time amount.
    I have it set with the road runner "beep beep!" which is fun.
    love the calorie counter
  • kt2007
    Options
    Yeah not real sure how I would like every .1 mile update. I listen to music when I run so I wouldnt want to hear that. Not being rude at all cause anything that helps motivate anyone to get out and be active is what counts. I havent seen this Buddy Runner so I am going to take a look at it. NO MATTER WHAT GET OUT AND BE ACTIVE!!!!! Thats what counts.
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    For the life of me I can't make my own route on RUNKEEPER, maybe my computer is just an idiot...ok, it could be me :grumble: Please help!