Losing inches in Dallas Tx

dnbhippie
dnbhippie Posts: 14
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My wife and I moved back to Texas from Portland last summer, and living with the family makes it hard to keep our weight under control. She actually started this by downloading the android app for her phone and a couple days later I jumped on the wagon too.

This is an awesome setup. From the app right there ready to use on our phones to the access to a full featured website with a community to interact with, it's been easier than ever to actually stick with it. I'm amazed that we're actually losing weight!

I've been a vegetarian for several years, and have done all kinds of stuff to keep my waistline manageable from juice feasting to raw vegan diets. While these practices work for me, my wife has a really hard time subjecting her body to the punishment of a 2 to 3 week juice feast. I've found that keeping my calories within the deficit keeps my size under control when I can't eat raw. I mean really, it's just about impossible when we have such good food all around us being prepared by any of the 5 people we live with.

I've also been losing weight more quickly than expected. We added a workout regimen to our schedule, and we both feel great. She gets a little discouraged because she loses weight a bit slower than me, but we hear that is normal. We're both really happy to be doing this together though, as we offer each other a great support system.

Anyway, what do you think? Why is it so much harder for women to lose weight than men? Is that actually fact?

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Yes, it is harder for us women to loose weight compared to men. You guys have a larger muscle mass and that gives you a higher metabolism. We are full of hormones and fat, and that does not work in our advantage in the weight loosing department.

Good luck on your journey, and tell your wife that I can't do (not even) a day of just juices. I need my protein.
  • I read that raw foods and juice feasting is pretty hard on a woman's body as well. I'm not sure exactly why, but I assume from other reading that Iron is a big problem with female vegans.

Thanks for the reply. It's too bad, but we're totally here for each other. I'm certain that she will make her goal as long as we keep with it. :)
This discussion has been closed.