I'm not quitting...

hotpickles
hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I did a cardio video today that was incredibly hard! I only got through half of it, and even then I thought I was going to die. It's my new challenge though. I figure if I can just go for maybe 5-10 more minutes each time, I'll have it conquered by next week.

I hate quitting halfway through a video, but I know I can't expect everything to happen overnight. I just have to stick at it.

Don't quit!

L.

Replies

• lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    don't stop don't give up..keep trying keep trying..don't give up don't give up... I started doing yoga a couple months ago and thought this is NOT gonn happen and indeed it is and all the things I couldn't do at first are getting easier (if you wanna call it that) and when you've done that cardio vid again it will get easier and then again...you'll be an old pro before you know it..and will have shed lbs. too...:bigsmile:
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    you can do it!
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Sometimes certain movements can be incredibly difficult even for a reasonably fit person. They are just something your body isn't used to.

I know when I first got my elliptical I could barely stand 2 minutes before my quads were screaming. I wasn't tired or out of breath, just in pain. It took quite a while for me to get used to it, but now it isn't an issue at all.

Just keep at it. Don't do so much that you hurt yourself too much and just increase a little bit each time. Before long you will look back and smile at how far you have come.
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Yes. just keep going... You can do it!!!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    You can do it!! And think about how awesome it'll be when you finish!

Proud proud proud of you!! :bigsmile:
  • You did great, you made a start, Rome wasn't built in a day. The first time I went to the gym I lasted 5 minutes I thought I was going to die, but I still went back the next day and lasted a whole 6 minutes :-) as you build your stamina you'll get to the end of that video and be looking for something harder! Well done on making this great start; you should be proud. Have a great day :-)
  • You can do it! Keep on going and keep trying little by little. You'll get there, and you'll be so proud of yourself when you finish. :happy:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    You seem to have a great attitude and I have no doubt you will do it. It is far more sensible to listen to your body and stop when you need to than pushing yourself too hard and risking injury as you would set your progress back in the long term.
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Thanks so much everyone! You are all awesome, and have given me even more motivation to keep at it! I'm actually looking forward to trying that video again on Friday :)

L.
This discussion has been closed.