100+ to lose!

Options
Hi everyone! My name's Stephanie. I've recently just turned into a bit of a lurker/poster for this website and am trying to get a little more active with the community for some support.

I'm 27 years old, 5'6" right now. I've been very obese for most of my life. Been on plenty of crash diets over the years. I started my "oh crap, I need to lose some of this weight" in December of last year. While sitting and watching football when I was visiting family for the holidays, I just decided to cut soda out cold turkey. Before I cut it out, I would drink 3-4 cans a day and I did fluctuate between regular and diet but was mostly drinking regular when I stopped. Before I went to visit my family - and I always seem to fall off the wagon of any health related things I'm doing when I go back home - I was tipping the scales at the doctor around 298. I haven't had a drop of soda since I cut it out cold turkey, and basically only drink water (with the occasional coffee or sports drink) I was shocked at myself.

I was doing good when I got back home in January, but kind of stopped doing stuff a couple months later. By then I was around 284ish or so. When I decided I needed to get back to it, I started back up again on July 22nd around 282 pounds (according to what I put in the website), and then I made a choice and bought the Run, Zombies! app on my phone.

With that app, and calorie counting diligently since July 22nd, I've gotten down to 264.4ish. My MINI goal is to get back into the 250s range, which I haven't been since I was probably in high school around 2005 Run, Zombies! is the best thing I've ever found. When I started the app, I was walking VERY SLOW and now I can actually jog for 15+ minutes. I get antsy because I want to get back on the treadmill now. Heck, this is the first time in my life that I've looked at 5k websites because I'm getting to a point where I think I could actually do it without walking the whole time. I'm eyeing a couple Christmas ones... maybe I'll get a backbone and commit to one!

A little about me before I ramble on more, I love meeting people! I can be a bit quiet, but I love getting to know folks. I'm a bit of a crazy cat lady, but I do have a husband who refuses to let me get more than 2 cats. What a scrooge! I'm originally from Alabama, but have also lived in Texas and currently live in Washington state.

I love videos games, reading, NFL football (just went to the Thursday Seahawks/Packers game!), listen to music constantly, binge-watching TV shows and movies, Halloween, baking. :tongue:

Feel free to friend/message me!