200+ lbs - Pear shaped women - Share ur workouts please

simply_healthy
simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey All,

I am looking forward to change my workouts and thought would ask what works best for you and gives you best weight loss results.... Please share your workout routines... It will be of great help....

I weight around 210 lbs at the moment and I am pear shaped ! :(

Thanks in advance people :)

Luv N Hugs,
S.K.B

Replies

• shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    I do 3 days a week of Cross Fit and 2 days of Zumba. You could modify this to work at home if you did any high intensity cardio circuit for the Cross Fit and any dance or step cardio for the Zumba.:smile:
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    I truly love the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs (I have two). They are awesome! She breaks them down into 1 mile segments that you can really mix and match. That has been my primary exercise since starting MFP around 3 weeks ago.

I'm also trying belly dancing. Before I buy any new dvds, I'm trying different things on YouTube and Netflix.

What are you doing for exercise now?
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    I started out at 222 lbs. and lost the first 30 lbs of my weight using the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Power Sculpt. Once I had lost those 30 lbs I started training for a 5K with the Couch to 5K program. I ran three days a week and did the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt three days a week with one day off. Since them I've lost another 10 lbs doing a combo of running, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and Curves. Hope this helps!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    I'm an inverted triangle (upside down pear?) if it matters :wink:

My workouts include EA Sports Active and Just Dance and Wii Fit, Turbo Jam, running (C25K), a ton of walking and hiking through the woods (my doggies love it!!), and Gilad workouts on FitTV.

When I'm consistent with my workouts, the weight falls off.

And I've added a free Zumba class since. LOVE it, too! I just love the workouts where I can be goofy :bigsmile:

Good luck!! :smile:
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    When I was some what significantly over 200 I did pilates, crunches and walked about 3-4 miles to start and then increased to 6ish (did these walks 4-6 times a week)....that was all I did along with watching what I ate and it worked great for me

Edited to add, I'm an hourglass but I have super fat thighs lol and that Corys advice below is awesome
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    I'm an hourglass, not a pear, but I am definitely over 200 pounds (currently 240). I lost 40 pounds (and over 32 inches) over the past three months and have been doing a variety of exercise - walks, stationary bike, Zumba class, Aquafit (water aerobics), some pilates, and a little Wii Fit thrown in. I usually exercise for at least 30-45 minutes (usually more) 6 days a week.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    I truly love the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVDs (I have two). They are awesome! She breaks them down into 1 mile segments that you can really mix and match. That has been my primary exercise since starting MFP around 3 weeks ago.

I'm also trying belly dancing. Before I buy any new dvds, I'm trying different things on YouTube and Netflix.

What are you doing for exercise now?

Not sure which ones you have but I have about 10 of her DVD's and I mix those up for variety. Especially right about now when it is too cold in the mornings to feel like hitting the gym. But eventually I will be going back to gym 3 to 4 days a week and Leslie 2 or more days only. Leslie is very good and inspiring and she motivates you to want to take care of our bodies.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Hey All,

I am looking forward to change my workouts and thought would ask what works best for you and gives you best weight loss results.... Please share your workout routines... It will be of great help....

I weight around 210 lbs at the moment and I am pear shaped ! :(

Thanks in advance people :)

Luv N Hugs,
    S.K.B

Hour glass was the word I was looking for but could not think of when I said stacked.......:-) Work the hour glass.....:wink: Again better than a big stomach, right? I think so, but who am I, right?
  • Ckonner
    Ckonner Posts: 101 Member
    I do lots of Leslie videos too. I am pear shaped and don't really want to make anything bigger since the legs have the largest muscles... anyway, I find that they tone my lower body rather than building it. And there isn't a whole lot of impact.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    The ChaLean Extreme/Turbo Fire hybrid kicks butt for pears!!!!

Gotta' lift some weights (I LOVE ChaLean Extreme's lifting workouts) to help balance on the top and bottom, build lean muscle mass and boost the metabolism. Turbo Fire's cardio workouts are calorie killers!
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    simply healthy, if you are working out at home, walmart has a great selection of workouts for around $10 each- the biggest loser videos, tae bo, walking with leslie sansome, 10 minute solutions ( different exercises broken down into 10 min segments, these are great if you only have 10 mins they have a warm up and cool down for each segment.) lol i could exercise for 2 months or more and never do the same 1 twice. also, check out your library or video store. i found a leslie sansome at the library and rented it. the next day i went and bought my own cause i enjoyed it so much.:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.