Tweaked my back...Ouch!

lostalykat
lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I was doing some pretty aggressive flip turns in the pool last night and tweaked my back! It totally sucks. I swear I injure my back every few months somehow and then I get over it. Does anyone else have issues with lower back injuries? Should I be doing certain exercises daily or weekly so this doesn't happen??

Replies

• rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    you would be wise to see a physical thearapist for specific exercises. core strength will help also ie pilates, tai chi,yoga. be aware that freq back injuries accumalate and can be as devastating as a major injury.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    I second the visit to a good physical therapist if it is a muscle issue. They can help you with a series of exercises to resolve your specific issues, and can make sure you have the proper form before you start doing them on your own. If it is more of an issue with spinal/hip alignment go to the chiropractor. Go to both if you can swing it. When I was diagnosed with 2 bulging discs and sciatica, all the orthopedic doctor wanted to do was stuff me full of pills and do spinal injections. I got relief from the chiro and physical therapist without drugs and steroid injections in the spine.
This discussion has been closed.