Finally ready to start and need to know how to best use this

Options
please tell me how to best use this site.

Replies

• irtata43
    irtata43 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just jump in, it's a great place for support and information. The food diary and database is a huge help in keeping up with your calorie and nutrition. Feel free to ask questions and invite friends. Good luck.. And welcome to MFP.
  • So_Um_Yeah
    So_Um_Yeah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Its really easy and a great place to come and get support. Whether you are feeling like you need some extra motivation or just want some people who will encourage you everyday, this is the place.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    First set up all your details and your goals.

Then log in at least once a day and record EVERYTHING your put into your mouth :)

Fill in your profile with all you info to help set yourself up some goals and motivation

Make some friends and chat in the forums for great tips, support and motivation.

Get a weight loss ticker (go to tools) to put on your profile, it's a great motivator.

Use the blog to write about your days, it's a great way to diarise and record your progress (and vent!)

Good luck!
  • larryiraorange
    Options
    First of all, LOG, LOG, LOG...Log everything you eat. When I started tracking my food, I was shocked into making better choices, now it has become a habit for me. One of the other things that helped me the most is the phone app, if you have a phone that supports it, use it. Also, I would suggest not taking on more that you can handle. I started tracking my calories first and after a few weeks, starting light exercise just kind of happened...I know that sounds weird, but I did not make a conscious decision to start exercising. Since then though I have added more intensity as it has felt natural.

But really it just comes down to doing it. Just do it everyday whether IT is just logging the food, taking a walk, or something more. Know that you will have good days and bad, pat yourself on the back frequently and never beat yourself up.

Good luck on your adventure
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    If there is a specific food, topic, workout, question, etc. that you're curious about, do a search on the message boards- chances are there are tons and tons and tons of discussion about it... good luck, and welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP -- what will be one of the best decisions you've ever made. It so simple to keep track of your foods because there is a HUGE database of foods. So....click and add. This website is awesome and I hope you'll get to realize that quickly. You need to collect friends who will motivate you along the way. If you want, you can request me by clicking on my user name. Or, when you see someone post something that interests you, request them to be your friend. Or any other newbie. I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey. YOU CAN DO THIS!!