Mayo

Options
I am wondering what is YOUR favorite low-fat, light, or reduced calorie mayo? Not greek yogurt or another substitute for mayo, I still want to use mayo, just a better mayo choice. Thanks in advance! :smooched:

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,025 Member
    Options
    Real mayo, just be mindful of the amount used.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Real mayo, just be mindful of the amount used.
    Ditto
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Mayo is yucky in my opinion.

But your best bet is to go spend 20 minutes in the mayo aisle comparing the brands and finding one with nutritional values that match your needs. And just keep trying them until you find the one you like the best.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Full fat, 100% real mayo - Hellman's preferably!
  • Michelle_Padgett13
    Options
    I like mayo too much to use the full fat version -- it makes a big difference in my sandwich calories. But I'm also too poor to break the bank looking for the best brand. So I just buy whatever is on sale, or the store brand. Usually it's either Market Pantry (Target brand) or My Essentials (Food Lion brand). They're both pretty creamy and tasty.

Other alternatives are to make your own mayo (not as hard as it sounds, and tastes fabulous), or just go grab some packets of light mayo from your local fast food burger joint. :smile:
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Regular Hellman's. So yum. I just measure it and log it.
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to really taste it, Hellman's regular. If it's in a salad of some type, Hellman's olive oil version. It's not bad, but not as good as the real thing!
  • SEAFOODMAN
    Options
    miracle whip light or regular.....all the others are gross
  • lharrop1669
    lharrop1669 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hellmanns Light Mayo with the light blue lid. Nothing beats it on my sandwiches! I have a 1/2 TBSP measuring spoon that I use, but most of the time, I use the full TBSP. As others have stated, be mindful of portions.
    1/2 T = 18 calories 1 T = 35 Calories
    :smile:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I use Hellmann's Light Mayo... tastes the same to me and less calories.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I use regular mayo.
    McCormick mayonnaise with lemon juice.
    But i do measure what I use.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hellmanns Light Mayo with the light blue lid. Nothing beats it on my sandwiches! I have a 1/2 TBSP measuring spoon that I use, but most of the time, I use the full TBSP. As others have stated, be mindful of portions.
    1/2 T = 18 calories 1 T = 35 Calories
    :smile:

Same ^^^ or Kraft's Light Mayo depends on what is on sale when I am shopping for a refill but it is always Hellmann's or Kraft... I do measure and often use 1 tsp. since I use thin sandwich breads often so a little goes a long way!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Dollar Tree, banquet light Mayonnaise. Its 10 calories per tbsp, and doesn't taste bad either, so for a buck I'm saving a ton of calories :-)