Body for Life

Options
www.bfl-uk.com

I'm doing the body for life challenge and today is my day two. For more information on this body for life challenge look at link.

I did my cardio yesterday and today I have to do my upper arms, which gym equipment is female friendly for this?!? I'm baffled...don't do weights normally....

Thanks!

Replies

• xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    www.bfl-uk.com

I'm doing the body for life challenge and today is my day two. For more information on this body for life challenge look at link.

I did my cardio yesterday and today I have to do my upper arms, which gym equipment is female friendly for this?!? I'm baffled...don't do weights normally....

Thanks!
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if there are different exercises for women but on my BFL program i bet you could do all the upper body with dumbells.

I use dumbells for chest flat bench and incline
    shoulders seated press and lateral raises
    biceps i use barbell and dumbell barbell curls and dumbell alternating curls or hammer curls.
    back i use pull down, pull ups and cable seated rows but you can use dumbells and do rows.
    triceps do seated overhead press and kick backs both with dumbells or over head press and push downs with a cable machine.

bodybuilding.com has pics demonstrating most common (and some uncommon) exercises.

Hope this helps. I love the program by the way, didnt think i would but i do.

!!!!Update!!!!

I went to the site you have listed above and its the same work out plan i use. Upper body, cardio, lower body. You can do all your upper body with dumbells no problem.
  • delanahub
    delanahub Posts: 56
    Options
    if you can go to the gym at an odd time, many of the trainers are wandering around and would be very happy to help you if they don't have a client. Good luck.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the US challenge. :drinker:

Upper body:
    bench press (free weight fly superset)
    lat pull down (tricep superset)
    row machine (bent over freeweight row superset)
    curls with bar (free weight curls)
    criss cross (free weight shoulder abd/flex superset)
    the last one is where you stick the bar from the bench press into the corner of a squat rack. Hold the bar with both hands on the top end with the bottom end staying in the corner on the ground. Take the top from side to side of your body. Add weights as needed!

Lower body:
    squat machine (lunges superset)
    leg press (quad machine superset)
    dead lifts (ham machine superset)
    calves on leg press (freeweigt calf superset)
    plie (freeweigth squat superset)

I also do abs with every workout and am adding some sort of cardio on lifting days. I had been spending over an hour doing cardio most days of the week before starting this, so 20 minutes isnt' cutting it for me. My biggest struggle is eating all the time. How are you doing that part? Any tips?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I have to check out the site you sent but do I have to workout at a gym?? I have access to the military gyms for free but I don't like taking the time to drive there, shower, etc...I prefer to workout at home.
  • izzyandobo
    izzyandobo Posts: 41
    Options
    Have you had much luck. I tried for a couple of weeks but ended up gaining 2 lbs. I think even using the portion size of the palm of my hand it just ended up being too much food. Of course I wasn't using the Myoplex drinks - that may make a difference.
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Have you had much luck. I tried for a couple of weeks but ended up gaining 2 lbs. I think even using the portion size of the palm of my hand it just ended up being too much food. Of course I wasn't using the Myoplex drinks - that may make a difference.

I dont use any EAS products but ido use some others. The first two weeks l lost like 3 lbs the 3rd week i gained 2 but my body fat went down so i think its going to work fine.

You really have to give any program more than a couple weeks even most suplements say it can take up to 30 days until they are fully in your system.

Cut your cals down and add back all your exercise cals and you will see some movement in the right direction
  • izzyandobo
    izzyandobo Posts: 41
    Options
    Other than the weight gain I felt really good and actually felt hungry at the end of each day. Maybe I should give it another shot.