okay - they might run big - but today I bought a size 8!

Options
melanie92
melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
I shop at a store in town called Saver's, that's like a Goodwill Store. I went to buy some new to me jeans this afternoon, because the pair I bought in Oct (size 14) are way too big now.

So - I pulled several pair of size 10s to try on - and they were All Too Big!!!!!

May I please repeat? They were All Too Big!!!!! (booyah!)

:laugh: :happy: :laugh: :happy: :laugh:

So then I pull some size 8s - and - one pair is way too tight (grr), 2 pair are okay but a little tight, and one pair fits like magic!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

:glasses:

So it's official - at least for this brand of jean!! I can wear an 8! (A freakin 8!) That was one of my goals when I started this journey!

I haven't had too many pictures made of me during this time, but I think I have some to post before and afters - I'll get them uploaded this weekend. Only because people who did that encouraged me, and I would like to pass it on.

My journey started on April 17 this year - that's a mere 35 weeks ago. I have gone from a size 2X - 3X to an 8-ish. oh-my goodness-gracious-me-oh-my!!!!! :happy:

Too bad there is not an emoticon for Absolutely-Thrilled-Beyond-Belief!!!!! Just picture one that is squated down then jumps up - arms out - with a huge smile in a total exclamation of joy!!

Replies

• Kayte625
    Options
    WOW! that is amazing! major congrats and can't wait to see the B&As :)
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    HOLY BALOGNA!!! Loook at you, look at you!! That is soooo stinking exciting!! I am so proud of you for your determination & perserverance! Such an inspiration! Thanks for posting!
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! I'm inspired too. These stories and triumphant have helped keep me going too.
    Hip hip hooray (but in your case--i hip hip going-away)

Yay!!!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Greatest NSV EVER!!! Congrats!!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh....how exciting!!!! You've earned it!
  • alitarose
    alitarose Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how fast you've lost! I have around 60 pounds to lose and I'm thinking it's going to take me most of this coming year to do it. Size 8 is fantastic, that's where I want to get to. I'm 5'2" and I've been size 8-10 at 135 pounds and I felt wonderful. I want to be that petite woman again! It must feel wonderful. I'm so happy for you.
  • heatypablo
    Options
    Wow!! Congrats.
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how fast you've lost! I have around 60 pounds to lose and I'm thinking it's going to take me most of this coming year to do it. Size 8 is fantastic, that's where I want to get to. I'm 5'2" and I've been size 8-10 at 135 pounds and I felt wonderful. I want to be that petite woman again! It must feel wonderful. I'm so happy for you.

:happy: Thank you! For the record I'm 5'3 and 135 is my previous and current target weight!

I'm going to turn 45 next week, and I haven't felt this great in about 5 years! and I don't think I lost it too fast.
    I've keep it in a spreadsheet, and my overall average is 1.7 lb/week. Right now I do 45-55 minutes of Zumba once a week, and play about an hour of doubles tennis once a week. But I have only recently reached those exercise numbers. Counting every calorie was the first and foremost important change I made! I will never, ever, ever stop counting calories!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Happy dance...dancejester.gif
  • micbin
    micbin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job - I had the same thing a few weeks ago when I went to buy some new jeans. My favourite store is River Island (I think most of their stuff run a little big! :bigsmile: ) and I bought my first pair of size 8 jeans EVER!

I feel your joy!! :flowerforyou:

xx
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Wow I am so excited for you! That is absolutely the best Christmas gift to yourself and your family.
  • athenafl
    athenafl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you.
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats, thats absolutely wonderful! Keep it up! Isn't it a euphoric feeling!!!??? Nothing beats it!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That is so great! I can hear your elation in your post! WAY TO GO!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • mariasheehan
    Options
    I love it!!!!!!!!!!! it's a great feeling, take a million pictures of yourself in those size 8's girl :-)
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so so proud of you! That is the most amazing feeling. I remember when I tried on an 8 thinking (there is no way they will fit!)!
    Then I would avoid them in my closet because I thought that the one day they did fit it was a fluke!

CONGRATS on your amazing accomplishment!
    WHAT A FEELING!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I don't care HOW big they run. They NEVER would have fit you at the start of your journey. This is AMAZING! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Charmagne
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!