P90X - Classic or Lean?

Options
I plan on starting this within the new year as i have about 40 pounds to lose. To achieve that greatest fat and weight loss to look leaner and fit into smaller clothes, which would you suggest? Doing the classic program or the lean?

Any success stories from either?

For what it's worth, I'm a bottom heavy girl. I'm curious if I should do one program first and then the other, but which one first and which one second? and which would give me best results by spring to buy new clothes for summer

Thanks

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Do the classic! I done 1 round classic and one double. Works great!
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    im working on classic its pretty fun but i had to change it around to accustome to my life.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I love classic, but it doesn't seem like u r interested in muscle so start with lean.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I plan on starting this within the new year as i have about 40 pounds to lose. To achieve that greatest fat and weight loss to look leaner and fit into smaller clothes, which would you suggest? Doing the classic program or the lean?

Any success stories from either?

For what it's worth, I'm a bottom heavy girl. I'm curious if I should do one program first and then the other, but which one first and which one second? and which would give me best results by spring to buy new clothes for summer

Thanks

Asks the person who has a huge frozen (and very creamy looking) cappicino. :happy: LOL

But in all seriousness, I would start with the Lean Version. It is a lot more cardiocentric, which would make a good stepping stone for you. Once you complete 90 days of Lean, then move onto the Classic version.

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    im working on classic its pretty fun but i had to change it around to accustome to my life.

WOW!!!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I love classic, but it doesn't seem like u r interested in muscle so start with lean.

i'm interested in preserving the lean muscle that i do have when losing weight by heavy lifting because i don't want to look "skinny-fat"

i will probably go with the classic then
  • edorice
    Options
    Cool, great decision. Also more fun with a workout partner
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I went with lean, and I love the results!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I consider the 'Lean' version to be more P90X-Lite. It's a great way to get into P90X without the intimidation of the first day's workout which is all pushups and pullups. I would have quit on day #1 if that's where I had to start as I couldn't do a single push up on my toes. I found the Lean version to be a gentler way to get into great shape without feeling like a total failure in the first week.

That said, by week #6 I could finally do push ups on my toes. I did my 2nd round of P90X doubles and was doing well over 200 push ups (all on my toes) on chest & back day.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I consider the 'Lean' version to be more P90X-Lite. It's a great way to get into P90X without the intimidation of the first day's workout which is all pushups and pullups. I would have quit on day #1 if that's where I had to start as I couldn't do a single push up on my toes. I found the Lean version to be a gentler way to get into great shape without feeling like a total failure in the first week.

That said, by week #6 I could finally do push ups on my toes. I did my 2nd round of P90X doubles and was doing well over 200 push ups (all on my toes) on chest & back day.

awesome :) push ups are my weakness

the only sucky thing is that i can't install a pull up bar anywhere in my house. there is no good spot to put it. i'm not sure what to do in replacement
  • edorice
    Options
    The resistance bands can be used as an alternative to the pull-up bar. The resistance bands are sold everywhere. Sports Authority has a good selection.