Can anyone recommend a GREAT fitness DVD?

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Just thought someone might be able to recommend a good workout DVD - good music, and a blend of cardio and strength?

Req no more equipment than hands weights or dumbells?

Thanks in advance!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    Just thought someone might be able to recommend a good workout DVD - good music, and a blend of cardio and strength?

Req no more equipment than hands weights or dumbells?

Thanks in advance!
  • desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Definetly the Biggest Loser Cardio Max Video. I was just in another thread talking about how bad my butt muscles hurt from all the lunges. Its a great video.
  • luvs2havefun
    Options
    I love the Firm DVD's. They all combine weight training and cardio/step for around an hour. The only other thing you'd need is what they call "The Fanny Lifter" (i.e. an adjustable step). I love love love it!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I second that. I absolutely love the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Power Sculpt DVDs. I know you're a huge fan of lunges :wink: . It's not exactly great music though...
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    As everyone said... The Biggest Loser Cardio and Strength DVD's will whip you into shape.
  • sunbug501
    sunbug501 Posts: 180
    Options
    Biggest Loser DVD - Jillian's 30 min shred! its' great!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Definetly the Biggest Loser Cardio Max Video. I was just in another thread talking about how bad my butt muscles hurt from all the lunges. Its a great video.

Thanks - I'm going to try this one FOR SURE!!! I might be found dead on the floor of the family room though...
  • AJCM
    Options
    I love the Firm DVD's. They all combine weight training and cardio/step for around an hour. The only other thing you'd need is what they call "The Fanny Lifter" (i.e. an adjustable step). I love love love it!

I have an old step from the 90's... and I do enjoy that... thanks!
    Btw... you look EXACTLY like my beautiful sister! It's uncanny! :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    As everyone said... The Biggest Loser Cardio and Strength DVD's will whip you into shape.

Thanks! Little concerned about the "whipping" part, but I guess that's the whole point! :wink:
  • AJCM
    Options
    I second that. I absolutely love the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Power Sculpt DVDs. I know you're a huge fan of lunges :wink: . It's not exactly great music though...

Thanks! Yep, me and lunges - we're tight!
    :tongue:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Biggest Loser DVD - Jillian's 30 min shred! its' great!

30 minutes I can handle - thanks!
    :smile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I just burned about 400 calories in 35 minutes with the biggest loser cardio max. . .but the music sucks. (it's kind of cheesy reality show music) But, I like to burn the calories. . .so I love it. Jillian's section is particularly *kitten* kicking.

I also have recently started "hip hop abs". . . it's more fun, and not quite as calorie blasting in my experience.
  • AJCM
    Options
    I just burned about 400 calories in 35 minutes with the biggest loser cardio max. . .but the music sucks. (it's kind of cheesy reality show music) But, I like to burn the calories. . .so I love it. Jillian's section is particularly *kitten* kicking.

I also have recently started "hip hop abs". . . it's more fun, and not quite as calorie blasting in my experience.

Thanks Vivia! I think the music might kill me though! But I guess once I know the routine, I can play my MP3s and mute the tv!
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam! Come on people. Lol. :laugh: J/k. No but really, she has a Turbo Sculpt dvd and she just uses handweights in it. It's killer! (Along with the rest of her DVD's) Out of everything I've tried, it's the only thing that I've been able to stick to. Oh and she does try to incorporate decent music, some of it's weird, but all the moves go with the beat of the music so that helps! Good luck! :bigsmile:
  • v70t5m
    v70t5m Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Kimberly Spreen's
    CIA-2505 "Kick Box Boot Camp"
    CIA-2605 "Cardio-Camp Workout"
    CIA-2705 "Absolute Kick-Boxing" (kind of a re-tread of CIA-2605 with more body bar work)
    - she's big on using a weighted bar, I just use dumbbells

Anthony Carillo's "Iron Yoga" ... for those days when you want a slow yoga based workout, but still want the weighted challenge

Donna Read's CIA-2403 "Step, Power & Pump"

Keli Robert's CIA-2303 "Step It Strong" (I love her Aussie accent, it's easy on my ears, and she's not overly talkative)

Cathe Friedrich DVD's ... She is tough! I have some of her older workouts since I tend to do aerobics one day, and lifting the next. I think many of her newer DVDs have lifts included in the main workout.

I like the CIA and Cathe DVDs because the workouts are usually 60-90 minutes and offer shorter break downs of 30-60 minutes in the mix-n-match menu. I like options.
  • sweetnsassyfied
    sweetnsassyfied Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Jillian's 30 min shred! its' great!

Its 30 DAY Shred :laugh: And it is Great!

20 minutes to be exact. Rounding out to about 25 minutes total, including warm up and cool down. It has three levels, incorporating strength, cardio, and abs in each. Lot of old school moves IE; push ups, jumping jacks, bicycles, squats, just to name a few. So not a lot of "learning". She bases her workout on the 3-2-1 method: 3 mins strength, 2 mins cardio, 1 min abs. Its fast, its fun, and its over before you think your going to die. :laugh:

Here are the reviews ....

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B00127RAJY/ref=cm_cr_dp_synop?_encoding=UTF8&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending#R26N82APL0HYIO
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking AJCM!!! I was wondering the same and saw that biggest loser one at Costco the other day, guess I'll go back and pick it up!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    jenna
    v70
    sweetnsassy...
    thanks for all the ideas! Wow! :flowerforyou:

Jillian's Shred - I keep hearing how amazing this is! Do you do it everyday for 30 days straight? Was I right when I read you lose 20lbs in 30 days? Sounds too good to be true from a 20 minute DVD!!!!

SkinnyDreams - I'm thinking Jillian's 30 Day Shred is the way to go! But I guess any of those would work! I love the Biggest Loser trainers... Do you know the Canadian show "The Last 10 Pounds" - I acutally looked it up to see if I could apply! It doesn't film in Toronto though... :cry: