Low Impact Exercise for a Busy Person!

Options
So I have a knee injury that prevents me from doing most stress-free, easy on-you exercise for very long. I walked almost an hour today and ran in place for a few minutes, and said knee is not very happy with me. I cannot injure my leg further, I have too many things that depend on my ability to get around. I do horseback riding -- that's actually part of my business -- but I work two jobs, and with the short days I'm just not getting in enough time to ride.

Does anyone have any suggestions I could try? Exercises? Workouts? Just remember, I'm already strapped for time, so something like a swimming pool just isn't going to work. I need something I can do at home or in my office

Replies

• asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Punching gets the heart rate up without putting much stress on the knees. Do jabs, crosses, hooks, and uppercuts in different combos and reps. Sorry I'm not much more help.
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have a stationary bike - I like it better than a treadmill and it won't hurt your knees. Hope that helps!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    chair exercises--PBS has shows and there are videos on you tube. recumbent bike. don't do any inclines if you use a treadmill; keep it flat. elliptical and seated or standing arm curls...
  • Drei
    Drei Posts: 9
    Options
    This may sound stupid, but what about walking around in your house? I do it all the time while studying for uni exams and after an hour I feel exhausted.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Punching gets the heart rate up without putting much stress on the knees. Do jabs, crosses, hooks, and uppercuts in different combos and reps. Sorry I'm not much more help.

Shadowboxing is actually a brilliant idea. Well played.
  • BoresEasily
    Options
    Shadowboxing destroys walking and it increases your heart rate and it's very easy on the joints. Shadowboxing is one thing that can get my heart rate up in a hurry and my heart rate doesn't like to climb very high. I never even would have thought to recommend that. Absolutely brilliant idea.