starting p90x and signed up for zumba

bethvandenberg
bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
So I'm planning on starting the Lean program of p90x on the 1st of Jan and also am signing up for a zumba class at the local rec center. I'm hoping that I don't burn myself out.

If you've done the p90x let me know if you did other stuff with it. I'd like to keep weight training with my girlfriend at the gym as well. Also would like to run a trail 5k in March. I'm hoping that I won't injure myself or burn myself out. Would you do all of them or would you pace them out through out the week?

Input etc more than welcome please :)

Replies

• kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    I want to try Zumba, too. I hope to start after Jan. 1st.
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    I have been sticking to P90x only but my wife does other workouts along with it. She has been integrating 30 day shred into her workouts recently when she has time.
  • Have been doing Zumba since September....It is Awesome....Doing a couple sessions live for First Night here in Bradford on New Year's Eve....should be lots of fun!!!!

Going to try either P90X or Insanity in January. Let me know how P90X is? Good luck and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Hi,

I'm starting my 3rd round of P90X on January 8th. The first time I stuck with the routine. The second time I substituded other workouts for rest and cardio days. For example instead of doind plyo one day I did sprint intervals or ran at the gym on the treadmill etc. I also get the Tony Horton one on ones and there a a bunch of cardio workouts that I swap in and out of too. There's a cardio interval dvd that I'll do instead of Kempo because its a change and has some kempo in it etc

If you get P90X youll notce there are three ways to go lean, regular and doubles - You may be able to slit days depending on how you feel. Do something in the Am and then cardio etc at night. Good luck.
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    If you're committing fully to p90x, I wouldn't add on too many more goals as it's a very intense program in itself. You may get overwhelmed (I was last year, trying to do yoga and p90x) and slowly stop doing each workout.

However, if you're interested in mixing it up/trying lots of different things, why not do p90x on the days you're not running or doing Zumba? All are great workouts, and this way I don't see ANY way you could get bored!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Thanks so much for the feedback. I'm thinking since zumba is only one day a week (I live in a tiny town) that I'll just do that on that day. I'll try and do my runs on the days that I lift and I'll do the p90 as the schedule suggests with maybe some small exceptions. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm excited to see what I can do in 90 days. :)

I hope my attention span lasts that long. LOL.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    So I'm planning on starting the Lean program of p90x on the 1st of Jan and also am signing up for a zumba class at the local rec center. I'm hoping that I don't burn myself out.

If you've done the p90x let me know if you did other stuff with it. I'd like to keep weight training with my girlfriend at the gym as well. Also would like to run a trail 5k in March. I'm hoping that I won't injure myself or burn myself out. Would you do all of them or would you pace them out through out the week?

Input etc more than welcome please :)

You want to do P90X lean, Zumba, weights at the gym, 5K in March...you already have me burned out.

I think that if you make a schedule for yourself that is centered around P90X while adding in the other activities and allowing a rest day each week you won't get burned out. Getting in double workouts per day is recommended on the P90X program to see results faster. Keep your clean calories high enough to fuel your workouts and you should be fine.
This discussion has been closed.