Introducing myself

Options
hello everyone. i have been on MFP for a year or so now but i have not been consistent. so i am back. in summer it is hard to find time to exercise, take care of my home and my 7 year old, and work. so hopefully i will manage. i feel like i am on a more positive track this time.
ok lets see.. about me. my fater is african american and my mother is white. my mom and my grandma were both on the heavy side. so i have been told all my life that i am destined to be there..... is that true? i think not. it just means i need to work to keep myself heatlhy. my profile pic is a pic of me from about 11 years ago. i was in an office job did not exercise as i should and had put on some weight, then a new job came along that was going to require physical labor so i started working out. then got busy with the kids and family life and let myself go. i have always put my familys needs first, which has led me to the present day of 184 pounds. the realization that i am on my way to extremely unhealthy life and the knee pain that has developed in the last couple years and looking in the mirror everyday has told me i need to start putting myself first. for 20+ years i have put others first so that is my hardest habit to break.
ok dont know if i covered everything or not but it is time for me to exercise.
have a great day.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Putting ourselves first is always difficult; but if we can do it - we become happier and more relaxed which will make everyone around us happier too. If you want good reasons to put yourself first read the "Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin which talks about this.
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I have only been here for a few weeks and I totally dig this site.

Hang in there!
  • babybluebride
    Options
    you can do this! the women in my family especially, are obese and i've been scared that i was also going to be that way.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • cozzy530
    Options
    Welcome back, you are the maker or your own destiny so don't believe any of that crap that since my parents are overweight I have to be overweight. Eating right and exercise will make you healthy. Not doing it will make you fat. That is a simple fact. It is a long journey getting back to where you want to be but you did not get overweight in a month, so don't plan on getting fit and slim overnight. Good luck and STICK WITH IT! It is very easy to lay down and quit but it take a real person to keep getting up and trying.
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Options
    DEB---- right now i am reading Body for Life. i believe this helped me to get on the right track.
  • ljbouse
    Options
    BIONICDIVER----thank you. I love this sight as well. i have suggested to the people i work with. dont think any of them have signed up yet.
    that is there loss.
  • ljbouse
    Options
    BABYBLUE----o i definately know that fear. but after reading some of the articles that are printed, my thoughts have changed on that.
  • ljbouse
    Options
    DANOH----THank You
  • ljbouse
    Options
    COZZY--- thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement. the phrase' you did not gain it overnight, so you wont lose it over night' is one of my favorites!!!
  • tryin2hard
    Options
    Hi my name is Rejeana I am pretty new to this site and so far I really like it. I have never really stuck to anything for any amount of time at least not consistently . I have four grown children and a husband and I work full time my goal is to lose at least 15 pounds and tone up I am giving my sef until march 1st
  • ljbouse
    Options
    Hi my name is Rejeana I am pretty new to this site and so far I really like it. I have never really stuck to anything for any amount of time at least not consistently . I have four grown children and a husband and I work full time my goal is to lose at least 15 pounds and tone up I am giving my sef until march 1st

Wishing you the best of luck!!!