"But you have such a pretty face..."

Options
2»

Replies

• mongosworld
    Options
    Accept a compliment any way you can get it. There are overweight, good-looking people and there are overweight ugly people. Be thankful that if you get thin, you will be thin and attractive rather than thin and ugly! Just saying...
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'll confess I've said this, but not the the person themselves directly, but when referring to a friend of a friend. She is beautiful, but only 5' tall and 350lbs. She has the most incredibly wonderful personality and is drop dead gorgeous. She has never had a boyfriend, or dated, and really wants to get married and have kids. I've said it in the context of she has such a pretty face, is a super personality, and unfortunately I don't think anyone can get past her weight to get to know her, she's very shy from the beginning.

That said - at least they think you're pretty - you are! I've never been told "you're pretty". I'm average. I don't stand out, nothing about me is overly exciting, and generally I'm plain. But that doesn't mean I don't look good. I've worked hard to get into shape and am almost where I want to be and am hoping to maintain it forever. My kids and husband are really proud of me and it's all based upon effort.

I'd say, take it as a complaint and leave it at that. Or just reply - ya I'm good in bed too - and they won't know what to say :)
  • Kwauhop
    Options
    Give us a little slack. You DO have a very pretty face. Never, would I imagine that by telling you so, I would be broaching a sensitive subject.

I never got the "How to give a guileless Compliment" handbook. I, and many others, mean exactly what we say. We're guys and we're in awe of you gals. Many times, just operating at a very basic level.

Thank you, but I wasn't really speaking of men in general, I've been told this many more times by women and family members....it seems to be a bit degrading when hearing it from a woman....most men compliment me on my eyes and lips and when they do so they seem very genuine....
  • Kwauhop
    Options
    Thank you to all who replied. I'm glad to know that there are people out there that feel the same as I do. And a big thank you to anyone who said that I'm pretty...lol. Sometimes it's just nice to hear.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I hate that comment too! I have heard from many guys that I have a pretty face and nice T & A but unless I am skinner, I can only be someone they hook up with. WTF. Do what you need to do for you. =)
    I agree, what the heck? Guys are just really annoying when they think like that. I mean, come on...pathetic, if you ask me. Sorry about the rant lol.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Kwauhop, you do look really pretty from your profile pic. :smile: